Chapter 15

F r e y a.

Everything is blurry and my eyes are hurting so much and somehow I feel empty. My head is pounding again making it more uncomfortable and there's this beeping annoying sound.

What the hell is going on?

I groan slightly bringing my hand to rub my forehead. Ouch!
What the hell happened?Immediately my thoughts flood with the memories of what happened and I gasp sitting up straight.

The beeping of the machine keeps increasing as tears form in my eyes.

'Shea?' I call out and I get no reply. I try again and there's nothing. That's why I felt empty.

My wolf, where is she?

I was annoyed during the first days but knowing she isn't here brings tears to my eyes. Where the hell is she?

I clutch my heart trying hard and calling out for her in my brain. My breath starts to shorten and the rapid beeping of the machine keeps increasing.

The only question running in my brain is whereghe hell is she. Before I know it, the door  slams open as a bunch of doctors run over to me and that's when I remember that I even did not have an idea where I was. I cower away from them, tears forming in my eyes. Where am I?

"Calm Down Luna we are not going to hurt you." One of them says and I wrinkle my eyebrows.

Luna?

Are they some moon worshippers or something?

"Luna?! My name is Freya and where the hell am I? " I question scooting further away from them.

"Please calm down Lu- I mean Freya, we're not here to harm you," Really? Is that supposed to call me? Before I can give a snarky remark, the door slams open again and an out of breath Malcolm gets in.

Wait. Malcolm? What the hell?!

"Malcolm?" I find myself questioning in nothing but surprise and before I know it I'm being held right in his arms and  the same sparks that had risen during our first encounter, rises on my skin once again as a sigh leaves my lips.

I get alot more comfortable in his chest and I swear I heard a purring sound and I even felt my own wolf stir somewhere giving me hope that she is not gone for good.

"Why am I here?" I push myself slightly and stare expectantly at Malcolm trying hard not to hold my breath at our close proximity.

"I found you near the border with bullet holes on your stomach and you passed out." He states pulling me back to his chest, pressing me against him hard.

What border? I didn't see any border. I don't think or question much about it. 

Is it bad that I'm feeling oddly comfortable here even though I hardly know him. I know, I know, people say that all the time and I'm saying it too because I finally understand them.

I lay on his chest as I feel my eyes start to droop again. I wanted to ask Malcolm why he never called or texted and why do I feel this comfortable in his arms.

Before I can utter a word, my eyes grows heavier and I immediately fall into a peaceful sleep, for once.  The last thought on my mind is whether Avery knows what happened and if she is worried about me.

****

"Mama, you won't catch me I'm faster than you." She squeals as she runs towards the trees laughing happily.

She screams loudly as her beautiful voice resonates through the thick trees as she goes further.

"Wait baby girl!" The woman hollers as she goes after her, grabbing her and  tickling her as she squeals happily.

"You caught me mama. " She whispers as the woman carry her back her arms around her neck and legs wrapped around her torso.

"I will always catch you princess a. " She states kissing the top of her head walking back home  oblivious of the watching  blue eyes.

He smirked, walking away feeling happy for once in a long time.

He finally found them.

*****

I gasp suddenly getting out of bed and looking around?  What the hell was that? I am a little disoriented  from the dream. I look around noticing Malcolm had already left and I'm no longer in the hospital.

I'm in a cream colored room which looks super attractive. Two night stands on each side of the king side bed I'm lying in. I snuggle deeper into the comforter and sigh slightly.

I rub the layer of sweat on my skin as I get out of bed and head straight to the bathroom and stripping realizing I'm not going to fall asleep anymore.

I nearly scream as I stare at my reflection. My stomach had two ugly bullet holes which was starting to scar. I run my hand through it feeling the memories of that day rush through my mind nearly suffocating  me.

What did I ever do to deserve such bad luck? Why do I always find trouble everywhere? Why when I was finally starting to feel okay, something shakes me and ruins my normal environment.

I turn away from the mirror  not wanting to look at my  scarred skin and jump into the shower, scrabbing every part of me hard. My thoughts goes to my wolf.  Will Shea ever come back or is she lost for good. 

The thought of never having my wolf again makes me sad and angry. She has always been a part of me and that's what I want to feel again, to feel normal with my wolf.  After taking a shower, I head back wearing the same outfit and drying my wet hair with a fluffy white towel.

I sit back on the bed sighing, my mind going back to the incident a couple of minutes ago.

Who was that girl? The woman? I could almost feel what they were feeling yet I was there during all of it, I saw the blue eyes smirking.

I rub my hand over my face trying to erase the dream which if I could look deep within me felt really familiar. Okay, I'm being weird.

I stand up and head to the window staring at the huge amount of trees surrounding the house which goes on for miles.

Why would someone build such a stunning house in the middle of nowhere and how did I end up running so far away from home. Was I that fast? I don't know what to think but I  do know that there's something weird in this house, I can feel it. If only Shea was here I'd understand more.

*******

Editing!❤️

So I've decided to write a couple of chapters before updating. 

Tbh when I wrote MTB I didn't plan on writing any other book, ever but here I am still doing it..  And I think I'm loving it.

Please

Vote

Comment

Share

😘😘