Chapter 12

F r e y a.

Okay don't ask what happened in Avery's relationship because I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that Avery and Wisdom just got back again together.

I sigh knowing that when he hurts her again she'll come running back to me. I have no clue how they got back together and honestly I don't want to get involved ever again in her relationship drama because I end up confused and feeling like an idiot.

She is back to her bubbly self again and I'm glad she is because the thoughts of her sulking in her apartment and eating tubs of chocolate ice cream all day doesn't sound too appealing for me.

"Hey Wisdom and I are going out tonight with some of his friends, wanna join?" She asks during the end of my shift. I don't really wanna go out, I just want to eat dinner and go to bed early or read an interesting book

I'm not a party person and the thoughts of being in a room full of sweaty and drunk people isn't my kind of thing.

"It's really late Avery and I'm so tired, I just wanna go home and rest,thanks for the offer though." I reply with a small smile.

"When are you going to go out Freya, you are always working and I have never seen you go out,just this once Freya." She begs giving me a hopeful look that I'll just have to crush it.

"I'm really sorry Avery but I'm really tired, maybe next time." I offer my smile still intact. She stare at me for a while before sighing dramatically.

"Fine, next time I'm dragging you out of here whether you like it or not." She says with a stern look and I smile broadly knowing that I won't go even the next time.

"Sure thing Avery." I smile broadly and she gives me one of her most genuine ones too.

"Thank you so much for what you did for me when Wisdom nearly left me a month ago, it really helped alot and thank you for always being there for me even when I don't really reciprocate." She whispers staring at me her eyes holding honesty.

"It's no big deal Avery, like they say, what are friends for. " I state with a bigger smile.

I can't believe its been over a month when she broke up and got back again with Wisdom.
I have no idea why they got back together anyway, after what Wisdom said to her I didn't think she would ever go back to him but what do I know about relationships anyway.

After our little chat I headed home early since I was feeling tired anyway. I got home early and after doing the necessary I immediately went to bed.

I sigh heavily when my head hit my soft bed. I twist and turn a couple of times before finding a good spot and my eyes start to flutter shut and within minutes I'm dead asleep.

****

'Something's wrong!' That was the first thing that flooded my brain and my wolf panicked voice. She starts pacing around making me shoot out of bed nearly falling down.

I open my eyes groggily looking around my darkly lit room. My wolf is fully alert making my eyes widen and fear increase more in me.

Suddenly, I hear a loud crash coming somewhere in my kitchen, I knew this place was never safe but I didn't know someone could actually try and break into my apartment.

I grab a warm sweater from my closet and immediately putting on, moving behind my door and grabbing the bat that Avery had leant me a day after I was attacked.

I take steady step out towards my kitchen paying close attention for any peculiar noises from any part of my house. I hear something breaking again and my breath gets stuck in my throat.