Chapter 6

F r e y a.

I woke up immediately checking the time realising how late I already was.

I instantly hopped out of bed  heading to the shower. I take a quick shower and grabbing my uniform before pulling them on.

I put on my simple make up as I smile slightly feeling satisfied. I quickly prepare my breakfast which can feed about eight people. I gulp down a cup of coffee and head out locking my apartment.

'Morning'  My wolf pipes up making me squeak slightly in fear. She smiles sheepishly at me making me shake my head in pure irritation.

I had almost forgotten she even exists. I've decided not to inform anyone about this, not even Avery. It's not that I don't trust her but I would only rather keep it to myself.

My wolf is just clueless as me and I don't know if there is anyone like me out there. I just don't want to risk it.

I hurriedly walk through the my normal pathway. I'm still not comfortable walking there but I try.

Within a short time, I'm already standing outside the diner and I immediately get in and not to my surprise Avery has not yet arrived.

I head to the coffee machine pouring myself some more coffee. After about three cups later, my craving dies down and I feel alot stronger and ready for my hectic job.

I take the last sip and almost immediately I hear the light footsteps of someone trying to sneak up on me.

I turn around and grab the person's hands only to meet a shocked Avery. I smirk at her and she stares at me wide eyed.

"You really got quick reflexes." She says still staring at me making me let go of her hands suddenly causing her to stare at me weirdly.

"So do you want some coffee?" I ask her trying to change the subject.

She squeals slightly and rush to the coffee machine. Thank God she loves coffee so much, even more than me.

I sigh as I walk towards Rolando who is already doing his cooking duty. I smile at him before saying hi to him.

Almost immediately the ringing of the diner bells echos through the diner and I head towards the guy starting my job.

****

After working for about four hours, I'm almost exhausted and it's just my lunch break. I grab my meal heading out to one of the tables outside.

Grabbing a sit and starting eating unintentionally listening to people's interesting conversation about cheating husbands and wives and some other cringe worthy stuff.

"Hey girl!" Avery quaks in her usual chirpy voice taking the sit next to me.

She sits down taking a big bite of her bugger and moaning at the taste making me smile. Avery really loves food. I continue eating enjoying her peaceful company.

Suddenly she brings up one of the boring topics  that I already bored about.

"So found any guy yet?" She says with a smirk as she wiggles her brows suggestively making me  roll my eyes at her. She just loves to bring up my non existent sex life.

It's not that I don't want to but most guys spend their times whoring an partying around. I don't judge them but I'd like someone who loves me for me not for sex or to satisfy their needs.

"You know I'm not ready for that yet and I want to find someone who will love me for me not for sex or anything." I reply voicing out my thoughts and she sighs before smiling at me slightly.

"When is this right person going to show up, you are already old enough. I hope he is worth the wait." She says smiling at me.

I smile back. Even though Avery seems like a flirt, she is dating a guy named Wisdom and they've been together for six years. Such a long time,I know. I think their sweet romance started when they were in highschool.

After that we ate peacefully without any more weird topics and before I know it, it is time to go back to my shift.

We hardly chat with Avery during work time so it's easy doin my job. I hear the chiming of the bell and  I sigh. Another person, another fake smile. I walk towards the guy and smiles brightly and repeating the monotonous words I've spoken for so long.

"Welcome to Mrs Smith diner, my name is Freya and I'll be your server today." I say with a bright smile.

The guy looks up with a slight smile and almost immediately the disgusting scent invade my nostrils. Garbage. I scrunch my nose in disgust trying to maintain my well planned smile.

I sniff the air slightly and don't ask why I did it but  it felt right? He stares at me wide eyed and sniffs the air too before staring at me in confusion.

Suddenly my wolf pipes up growling menacingly at the guy and I nearly flinch at the animalistic sound.

I mutter a barely audible excuse me before racing to the bathroom. What the hell is wrong with my wolf?

I open the door to the bathroom walking over to the mirror, staring at my pitch black eyes. I gasp slightly taking a step back. I watch before my eyes as my eyes turn backwards to it's normal color.

'What is wrong with you? Are you trying to take over my body and expose us!' I snap feeling frustrated.

'That guy gave me a bad feeling, please trust me on this.'  She whispers quietly making me   sigh again feeling kind of guilty.

'I'm sorry for snapping at you.' I mumble.

'It's okay Freya  and my name is Shea.'  She says more gently. Why didn't I know this before?

'You were so stressed and I didn't want you getting annoyed even more. I have no idea if there's anyone out there like us or me and I really understand what you're going through.'  She says genuinely making me feel alot more worse than before.

How could I just think of myself? My wolf didn't know about her kind too and I just thought of myself. That was being totally inconsiderate.

'I'm so sorry Shea.' I reply with a  guilty smile.

'Don't worry about it Freya, I get it.' She says genuinely. I need to accept her and we need to learn about our kind together.

I get out of the stall heading out and almost immediately Avery comes into view with a worried look.

"Why did you just run off?" She asks with a frown.

"I wasn't feeling too good." I lie through my teeth. She stares at me worriedly.

"Go home Freya and don't come back till you feel better." She says sternly. I  sigh ready to argue but the look she is giving me warns me against it. I sigh again before grabbing my stuff and heading out

Thank goddess I'm usually a hardworking person or Mrs. Smith wouldn't have accepted it. She is always begging me to take a break and I think if she learns I already did she'll be glad I did.

I step out of the diner and almost immediately I recall what I just said...

Did I just say thank goddess?

Goddess?

What the hell?

****

Editing!❤️

Okay it's different from the chapter from my other account but it's okay I guess. I'm so sorry for the confusion I've created. I love ya guys

Please

Vote

Comment

Share

😘😘