Chapter 36

F r e y a.

"Stop!" I giggled as I tried to push Malcolm's hand out of my stomach. Instead, he kept tickling me and new giggles leave my lips.

"Stoop, Malcolm." I groaned and scooted far away from him.

"No, I'm not gonna." He warns and pulls me closer to him, a smile still on his lips. However, before he could tickle me anymore, I tackle him and fall limply on him on my bed.

"Umph." He groans as he hands circle my waist in a firm grip.

"I'm definitely liking this position." He smirked as he pulls me even closer to him, our noses nearly touching each other. A blush rises up my cheeks and I smile at him.

His eyes shift to my lips and I subconsciously move closer to him, until our lips finally met in a heated kiss. He cups my cheek so gently as if I would break. He begins moving his against mine, raw and deep emotion passing through me as I run my hand through his soft hair. A groan leaves my lips as he gently bit on my lower lip. Finally feeling the need to breath, I break away and smile at him.

"I could definitely get used to this." He smirks and I smile broadly leaning my head against his chest.

Before I could enjoy the feel of his hands around me, my room snaps open and an out of breath Brittany walks in.

"Omg, Malcolm I've been trying to mindlink you but you kind of blocked everyone out. Roman is by the border with a brown haired girl. She doesn't look too good." Brittany says all at once. Before I could even comprehend it, Malcolm was already dragging me out of the room.

That's when it finally dawned on me that I had not even thought about Avery all this while. What would her mother think? What kind of friend am I? Here I am enjoying myself and yet she could be dead or being tortured by Ronan. How could I have been enjoying myself yet she was dying, being hurt by Ronan and the rest of his rogue friends.

Why even did they take her? Heavy tear begin dripping down my cheeks as I tried to hold in the sudden slam of grief in my heart.

"Come on, I've mindlinked Seb and some of the warriors. We should hurry." Malcolm commands as he leads Brittany and I towards the invisible border.

"Omg I can't believe I had been so happy here and forgot all about Avery. How could I? What kind of friend am I?" I wail as I try to wipe the coat of tears dripping down my eyes.

"No, it's not your fault, Freya." Brittany whispers, "It's Roman's fault. It's just what they do."

However, that even did nothing to help the pain that had blossomed in the pits of my stomach. Avery is like the family I never had. Even her mom treated me better than anyone had ever done. What will I tell her if she died or something. What would I say to her? What would I do if she died.

We walk deeper into the thick forest heading towards the invisible border. My wolf who had been silent for a while begins to whine, almost in heartbreak.

'Shea, what's wrong?' I asked and she kept whining.

Soon, a clearing appears and right ahead of all of us, stood the same gigantic man that had attacked Avery and I. I let out a stuttering breath as I glanced at him. But what made my heart beat even louder was Avery being clutched by her neck, her form dripping with blood, tears and blood dripping down her eyes.

"Avery?" My voice breaks as I stare at her, new tears forming on my own eyes, "Are you okay? Of course you're not." I plead tears falling rapidly down my cheeks at how Avery looked. I take a small step towards her only to be held back by Malcolm.