Chapter 24

F r e y a.

"Come on, Avery! Wake up!" I groaned hitting her severally with the pillow I had clutched in my hand. We were both running late for work and she was still dead asleep.

"Let me sleep, Freya!" She hisses covering both her ears with her pillow. I groan loudly, dropping the pillow and heading  to the
bathroom. Grabbing a glass on the nightstand, I fill it with water. Walking back to her room, I pour all of it on her and she immediately shoots up from her bed, a scream leaving her lips in horror, shock and disbelief.

"You. Did. Not. Just. Do. That! Freya, I'm gonna kill you!" She growls and I immediately rush out of her room laughing my ass off. She isn't going back to sleep anymore.

Sipping my coffee, I wait patiently for her to emerge which doesn't take long. Sending me a harsh glare, she pours herself coffee too. I give her an innocent smile and she rolls her eyes. At least she can dress up quickly or we would both be super late.

Finishing our coffee, we both leave to work. Thanks goddess we work together and we currently live together.

Twenty minutes later we were at the diner, ready to start our day's job and lucky for us, Mrs. Smith at that moment was arriving.

Honestly, time has flown so fast and it was nearly two months since I heard from Malcolm. Honestly speaking, I missed he so much and sometimes thinking about him brought me unbelievable pain and I usually avoided the topic.

Avery had found me on more than one occasion on the bathroom, crying my eyes out. She had never judged me about it because she in some way understood  where I was coming from. I had sworn to myself that I would never actually so happy about a guy seeing how my best friend's relationship had turned out but here I was crying over some guy I hardly knew. Ironic I know.

I felt a part of me was actually missing and each and everyday the heaviness in my chest grew stronger and stronger but I tried to ignore it even if it is, harder than I thought.

Work was just as boring as usual and by the end of the my or rather our shift, I was more than ready to flop down on my warm bed and sleep my tiredness out. My plans were shattered though when an energetic Avery showed up with a megawatt smile on her lips.

"Please go away! I'm so tired and I just want to go home and sleep!" I whined and playfully glared at her and she had the audacity to smirk. She knew that I was fighting a battle that I would eventually lose.  It had happened severally before. She would show up and by the end of it all she would manage to convince me to go with her.

"We are going to the mall!" She cheers in joy and I nearly shed tears. It sounds dramatic but you actually don't know her like I do. She loves shopping and I need to prepare myself for this because I don't think I'm going to survive it.

"Please no! I beg you Avery!" I tried and you know what I actually succeeded for once she agreed that we would go on a later date.

Okay.

So that didn't happen, she dragged me to the mall herself and I swear I'm not exaggerating it, I nearly passed out twice and my sweet best friend did the only thing she could do at the particular moment, she utterly ignored me.

Arriving at the mall, she immediately walked over to a Forever 21 store where she would shop extravagantly. Like I said before, Avery had a lot of money and I did not why she would even work at a diner.

*******

Hours later, I'm ready to drop down dead because of all the amount of shopping we've done and what is actually more draining is Avery is still so high!

Seeing the bored look on my face, she gave me a sheepish smile and promised to buy me ice cream. That didn't help at all and I finally glared at her and practically dragged her out of the mall.

For the record, she didn't even buy my favourite flavour!

I honestly did not know why but since morning I was feeling humorous and Avery had taken my state as a sign of a wonderful day and she had really utilised it.

"I will never ever fall for your tricks, Avery! I nearly died!" I gasped fanning myself as she drove us home. She stares at my flustered face and I instantly give he a nasty glared while she offers a sheepish smile.

Few minutes later, we are home and I practically ran out of the car to my room where I immediately stripped and took a much needed shower. Putting on my PJs, I flopped down on my bed covering myself with my thick duvet.

Minutes later, I'm dead asleep with a ridiculously big smile on my face not caring if I was super hungry and I actually needed to eat.

********

Filler chapter!

Honestly, I lack friends in college so I love writing. It makes me forget how I have no life at all. Even though I'm actually not proud of how this book is rn.

I'm so sorry for taking so long. I was just taking a short break from writing but I promise I'm going to be writing more chapters.

Goodbye and see you soon!

Please,

Vote. Comment. Share.😘😘