Chapter 25

F r e y a.

"Table number nine! A cheeseburger and fries!" I yell at Avery, as I hurried past her. She gives me a nod and taking the said order. I felt a lot sweaty today and honestly i don't know why. Placing my palm on my forehead, I feel the heat on my skin. Whatever is happening to me, I have no clue. I could even feel Shea scratching at the back of my mind wanting to come out.

Shaking my head rapidly, I erase all those thoughts and get back to work when a new customer gets in.

****

"Freya, you don't look so good, are you okay?" Avery asked as she placed her palm against my burning forehead. She immediately retracts her hand from my burning forehead.

"Geez, Freya! You're burning up!" She whispers as she dragged me out of the diner towards home. Honestly, everything in me is aching.

"Thank you for stating the obvious, Avery." I state, each word dripping with sarcasm causing Avery to roll her eyes.

"Come on, let's go home." She said dragging me along with her.

"Hey Freya! Avery!" Someone yells and we both turn to see an out of breath Rolando running towards us. I stare at him, with amusement. He should really visit a gym. Avery had the same expression as me.

"What's wrong, Rolando?" Avery asks staring at him wearily. My head was beginning to pound in pain and the scratching getting more painful.

"Freya wasn't looking well. Is everything okay?" He asks concern written all over his face and this warms my heart.

"I'm okay, Rolando. It's just a headache." I smile widely at him. He's stares at me trying to figure out if I'm actually lying or not.

"Okay. Take care. You too, Avery."  He says turning around walking away. I stare at his retreating figure, unconsciously, a smile forms on my lips.

A burning gaze snaps me out of it and I turn to Avery who had a rather large smirk on her lips making me confused. Seeing the confusion on my face, her smirk grows wider and I raise a brow at he weird behavior.

"He's totally into you." She states, a proud smile forming on her lips as my eyes widen in horror.

Rolando and me? Never.

Don't get me wrong he's cute with his brown messy hair and those captivating hazel eyes of his but I absolutely don't like him like that. He feels like a brother I don't have. That's just it.

"Eww. No! He's like a brother to me." I state in a Stern voice, giving Avery a glare to prevent her from spouting nonsense.

"If you say so." She says as she walks off and me closely behind her. My headache already subsiding.

****

"Um what are we going to eat?" Avery asks flopping down on the couch as she stares at me. I send her a harsh glare. How am I supposed to know?

"What do you think should get?" I ask sitting next to her and she shrugs.

"How about Chinese takeout?" I ask and her eyes light up as she hops off the couch and orders and comes back for our normal movie night.

Twenty minutes later, a knock interrupts us and I immediately walk over to the door and grab the food and giving Avery hers.

A question suddenly pops up in my mind as I sit next to her.  A very intrusive question but I can't help but ask her anyway.

"Hey, Avery. Why do you work at a diner? Like you have all of this things. You don't have to answer at all. Just asking." I ask my voice getting lower in both embarrassment and nervousness.