Chapter 3

F r e y a.

It's been a week since I got out of the hospital and to say Avery was worried is an understatement.

She has been pestering me, coming to my apartment at odd hours and constantly asking how I felt. To be honest it's getting boring and annoying. Today however, I got up early before she arrived and dressed up for work. My boss Mrs. Smith a very kind lady had given me two weeks off but today being a Monday, I was already healed and ready for my job.

The funny thing is I don't have any scars after being mauled by the animal. There's only one bite on my upper thigh which formed a scar. Lucky for me my uniform isn't that short.

I hurriedly got out before my annoying best friend makes her self known. The doctors still do not know how I survived but I thank God I did. I still have a lot of dreams I do want to fulfil and I can't do that when I'm dead.

I lock my apartment as I walk through the familiar pathway to the diner. Even as I walk there my blood still freezes seeing the spot I was on. Where I saw my life flash before my eyes and were I thought I was going to die.

I hurry trying to erase the horrible memories. If you knew how painful it was feeling my limbs being ripped almost separating them with my body you'd understand.

I usually loved animals, especially dogs but that encounter has made me change my mind. Who knows what other animal can attack me.

I feel my heart rate increase as I  continue thinking of the animals without thinking, I sprint into a run with an explainable speed. Within no time I am standing outside the diner. I turn around heaving slightly.

I can't believe I just ran all the way here. I open the diner and the familiar chiming of the bell makes it known that someone just got in.

I walk straight to the coffee machine,preparing myself a cup before sitting and sipping peacefully.

Suddenly, my phone rings and I immediately know who it is. I pick it up and place it on my left ear and immediately the high pitched voice of my friend comes through.

"Where the hell are you?! Why did you suddenly le-please don't tell me you're at work!" She screams out making me move my phone away from my already ringing ears causing a sheepishly smile to appear on my lips.

"What is your problem Freya? You were attacked last week and you already started work?!" She snaps again before the line goes dead.

I can't just sit around and I'm already feeling okay. I still need the money to join college. I also need it for my bills, food and clothes.

I sigh standing up and fixing my dress and go to the back as the strong smell of pancakes hit my noes. Everything I've smelt today is kind of strong. I don't know why, maybe it's just me.

"Hey Freya, I thought you were on bed rest. What are you doing here?" Rolando asks with  scrunched eyebrows making me sigh.

"I'm okay Rolando, I didn't want to stay home since I still have to eat and other things, I hate it when I got nothing to do." I reply with a slight smile. He shakes his head in utter disbelief before going back to his duty.

Almost immediately the diner bell chimes again and in walks a livid looking Avery making me gulp audibly. You don't want to mess with her when she is angry. She can easily blow up. She is the only one I consider a true friend, even though I've learnt not to trust anyone for they will eventually stab your back. That's through experience.

Trust makes one vulnerable and I'm not willing to be that anymore. I want to have the upper hand. Most people lie about their intentions, most people only are nice when they have something to get from you.

"Why did you leave your house!" She yells making me wince at how loud she sounds as I snap back to reality.

"I'm really sorry Avery. I just couldn't sit and do nothing. I need this job you know that right and I hate feeling lazy. Just accept it please." I say slowly begging her with my eyes to accept my lame excuse.

She sighs loudly before pulling me for a hug and I hug her back.

"Okay fine you stubborn woman but if you feel slightly weak or anything you go back home." She mutters sternly making me smile. It's good to know that someone actually cares for me.

"Sure Avery," I reply as the the bell chimes meaning the first person has arrived. I head to them and take their order.

The day runs smoothly and I didn't feel sick anymore. In fact I felt alot stronger than usual. I didn't feel tired at the end of the day and if I could continue I would. That's how energetic I was.

I didn't get anymore nightshift since the incident which scarred me for life.

I usually enjoyed night walks but due to that event I don't anymore. Everytime I'd want to go out all the memories of that day keeps flooding my mind making me more scared.

I head home early after grabbing groceries at the grocery store for dinner. My body has healed and no one can even tell I was attacked. I am also positive there are those who think I died, I can't blame them though.

The doctors even said they had never seen a case such as mine and since my body was nearly ripped apart it was a huge surprise that I actually survived.

The doctors did alot of test on me to see why I survived, but they came up with nothing. I just concluded that it wasn't my time to die yet.

I change into my normal clothes and start preparing dinner for myself and since I leave alone I only require a small amount of food to satiate me.

I prepare dinner and flop down on the couch eating happily. I didn't realize I was already done and I still felt alot hungrier than before.

I grab my phone ordering pizza. I somehow I've been craving it so why not now.

Within no time I hear a knock, I grab my money, opening the door and handing it to the pizza man while grabbing it on my other hand.

I get in locking the door and sitting back down on the couch while watching. I eat each piece slowly and picking another.

After I'm done I look down at the now empty pizza box. Did I just eat all of that? A full box? I usually eat only two pieces not that I'm starving myself so I can be skinny or something, but it only takes two to satiate me.

Maybe I was just hungry. That's not something to think about so much. I switch off the TV and head to my room and immediately jump into bed with a contented sigh I close my eyes and almost immediately I drift off to sleep.

****

Editing!❤️

I hope this is better...

Please

Vote

Comment

Share

😘😘