Chapter 26

F r e y a

A gasp rushes out of my lips as I sit up. I immediately regret it as waves of pain shoots through every part of my body. What happened.

I do even have to think because memories comes back rushing. I frantically look around for my best friend who's currently missing. I also note that I'm in my bed and every thing is in order.

Walking out, I realize everything is the same. Just like how it was yesterday. A tear slips down my cheek as thoughts of Avery comes crashing back. Is she okay?

I fall down on, clutching my knees tightly as tears fall down my cheeks uncomfortably. Why do this stuff keep happening to me. I touch the back of my head and immediately wince as pain shoots through my skull.

'I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you or Avery! I'm so sorry!' Shea growls guiltily and I stare at her in pure horror. Why would she blame herself. It's totally not her fault. It's those guys fault!

'Don't you dare blame yourself! It's absolutely not your fault! Its those guys fault! They did this to us! To Avery!' I growl angrily and earn a whimper from her.

I grab the side of my ribs in pure pain. I realize it's also broken. A tear trails down my cheek once again. Why do this stuff keep happening to me?

A knock at the door snaps me out of it and my heart begins beating loudly against my chest. Have they come back to complete what they started? Do they want to kill me now? I take steps back, tears falling down my cheeks in utter pain. Why me? Why do this happens to me?

"Freya? It's Malcolm! I went to your place and they told me you're not living there anymore but with your friend, Avery or something?" A very familiar voice states and without wasting time, I race over to the door. Yanking it open, I fling myself at him and he nearly loses his balance.

A sob leaves my lips as I clutch his shirt tightly. Tears kept rolling down my cheeks as a hugged the life out of him. He doesn't say a thing. Just presses me tightly against his neck.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here. I'm here now." He whispers in a soothing manner making me cry harder.

"Wh...why d...did the take her?" I sob loudly tears trailing down my cheeks in anger and pain. He slightly pushes me away and stares at me. His calm face suddenly turns wild as he stares at my face which I am certain us really bruised.

"What happened!" He snarls angrily, his eyes turning pitch black. He tries to touch my cheek but I wince in pain. He growls loudly before pressing me back to his chest, which is heaving up and down as if something is clawing to be set free.

He breaths in deeply for a couple of minutes trying to clam himself. Taking in my scent as my wolf purrs in content. She really is enjoying this.

"Tell me everything." He mutters behind my hair, as I snuggle against his chest that was beating wildly. I can't believe they took Avery. My best friend.

"Th...they took her. They took, Avery." I stutter and he pulls away from the hug and stares at me his eyes holding unfathomable rage.

"Who?!" He nearly snarls and I flinch in fright. His gaze soften aand he looks guilty.

"I...I don't know! They said their boss ordered them to bring one of us to him. Their boss thinks one of us is someone he's looking for." I whisper shuddering in disgust and fear at the thought of those guys.

"Did you get the names?" He asks and I stare at him wide eyed. How was I suppose to get their names when I was busy trying to escape them all?

"No but next time I'll be sure to ask." I mutter as sarcastic as possible as I glared at him.