I Can't

"She's pregnant.... didn't you know?"
"Yeah, these are the faces of people who knew!" Joe answered, shocked that his sister-in-law was pregnant. How could she be pregnant? Danny hadn't been around for two months or so.
"Linda's about eleven weeks pregnant. We had to take blood for some tests, and we discovered she's pregnant. Where's the father?" De. McIntyre smiled, assuming their situation was normal.
"In Iraq." Mary responded, patting Jack on the bottom.
"What'd he do? Mail his sperm?"
Joe laughed at that, "eleven weeks, huh? They must've had sex before he left again."
"Can we see her now? Does she know?" Mary wondered, shifting a stirring Jack.
"That She's pregnant? We haven't told her yet. But come on in." He knocked before opening the door, "Linda, how're you doing?"
Linda only shrugged, keeping her gaze on the blanket.
"Are you up for some visitors?" Dr. McIntyre moved aside so Mary, Joe, And Jack could come in.
"Mama!" Jack reached for Linda, making his Mom smile.
"C'mere, baby," she held her arms out, then retracted them. "No, you better keep him. I'm sick."
"Not exactly," Joe stuffed his hands in his pockets.
"What do you mean, 'not exactly'?" She looked to the Doctor.
"Well, you've got a twenty four hour bug. That's why you have a fever."
"Ookay.... but how does 'not exactly' fit in there?"
"Linda, congratulations. You're pregnant."
Linda's eyes went wide, "I'm What?!"
"Pregnant! Congratulations, honey!" Mary beamed, happy to be gaining another grandkid.
"No no no no no," Linda said as if it were all one word, "I can't be pregnant. Not now! How can I be pregnant?! How did this happen?!"
"When a man loves a woman, a strong, passionate feeling overcomes him—" Joe started, quoting himself whenever a family member or friend asked how a pregnancy happened.
"No, dip-shit, I know how it happened.... I just can't believe it did...." She looked at the doctor, "are you sure?"
"I'm positive. You're around eleven weeks pregnant."
"Eleven weeks?" Linda though about the last two months, she had been so stressed and worried, she hadn't noticed her missed periods. She covered her mouth with her hand, trying to process this. "Are you sure?"
"I'm quite sure, Ma'am." Dr. McIntyre nodded, confused by her reaction.
Mary noticed Linda was on the brink of another panic attack, "could you give us a minute, please?"
"Yes, of course." He nodded then left the room.
"Mary, I can't be pregnant. I can't. I can't do it without him, Mary. I just can't."
"Linda, calm down. Everything will be fine. I'm sure Danny's a good marine. Unless there's a major fight, he'd probably be able to come home for a few months to help get you started."
Linda nodded, "why'd this have to happen now?"
"It's going to work out, I know so. Trust me," Mary put her hand on her daughter-in-law's shoulder. She knew it was going to work out.