Family greetings

“Here we are,” Miles said stopping in front of an apartment building. I was still taping as I got out. “You can help unload if you put that thing down,” Miles said sounding like a dad.

“You wish, I can still help,” I said as I reached into the back of the car to pull bags out one by one. “There I helped,” I said once I had all of the bags out. I turned around in a circle taping the sky and everything that was above us. I heard a motorcycle and looked down from the sky while I was still looking through the camera to see a girl pulling up to a parking spot nearby.  That was when I saw her t-shirt.

“HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP! DEAN!” I yelled without thinking. The girl took off her helmet and looked over at me like I was crazy as I looked up from my camera. She gave me a look and walked up the front stairs and went inside.

“Nice Nicole, now she thinks I’m weird too,” Tara said hitting me in the back of the head. I closed the camera and put it back in its bag as I turned to Tara.

“But you are weird, that is why we are long lost sisters,” I joked as the girl came back out but with something in her arms.

“You must be Nicole, Ms. Jane warned me about you,” she said with a straight face as she looked at my Castiel jacket I was wearing. “She said that you were into the show Supernatural and that you tend to go a little over board with the Misha guy,” she said before breaking the straight face. “So, from my personal collection of Supernatural equipment,   here is a t-shirt.” I took the t-shirt to see that Misha was on it.

“Thank you!” I said throwing my arms around her neck without thinking. I pulled away when I realized what I did but she was laughing. “Thank you so much,” I said calmer this time.

“I saw that you were recording, what were you recording in the sky?” she asked as she reached for some bags without asking if we wanted help.

“Nothing, I’m record weird things sometimes. Right as we drove into the limits of New York City I started to tape everything,” I explained.

“When she says everything, she means everything. There was a limo behind us and she wouldn’t stop recording it,” Miles said as we went up three flights of stairs.

“My name is Kennedy by the way, I live across from your aunt’s place,” Kennedy said as she sat the bags she was carrying down in front of the door. “If you ever need anything, just walk right in, do is always open to friends in time of need or whenever they just want to come over and crash for the night,” she laughed as she opened her door and left us in the hall.

I turned to Miles who was rubbing the back of his head before he turned to open the door for us. “Mom will be home from work later this afternoon; I have to go to my place to check on my dog. I left my friend’s girlfriend in charge of him and I’m afraid of what might have happened,” he said as he wrote down his mom’s number and his before leaving.

Tara turned to look at me after he left and ran for the kitchen. “Don’t forget we aren’t the only ones here!” I called out to her from the din as she hunted in the fridge for food. I dropped to the couch and turned on the TV as Tara made sandwiches for us to eat.

“Do you think this was a good idea? I don’t even know the lady and I am not going back to my parents ever again,” I said as I flipped through the TV channels.  “Am I doing the right thing?”

“Nicole, we are here, you are doing better already,” she said looking over at me.

“I may look fine but I’m not,” I said muting the TV. “I’m having nightmares every night, and even on the way here I had one, in my last one you died in it.”