The man who saved me

I looked up and say the eyes of my angel. Not saying anything I wrapped my arms around him even tighter and cried more. I was afraid that this was all a dream and that I would wake up soon crying in my sleep. 

“You’re taking this better than I thought you would, not ever body gets rescued by me,” he laughed as he looked out onto the street to see if the guys were gone for good.

“This isn’t a dream?” I asked letting my grip around him loosen up. I finally let go and stepped back against the wall while still facing him. “Why are you in here anyway?” I asked watching him as he took a book bag off of his back.

“For this,” he said as he tried to make himself blend into the crowd. “Since I’ll be taking you home, I can’t walk around looking like me without people start freaking out,” he explained putting a hat and a somewhat heavy jacket on.

“You are taking me home? Thanks but I can take care of myself,” I said. Why was I giving up a chance to be with the guy of my dreams? Maybe because he just saved me and he shouldn’t have to safe my butt or anyone’s?

“I’m taking you home, you aren’t in any shape to go home alone and after what I just saw, it looks like you need protections,” he said putting his back pack back on his back. “Why were they running after you anyway?”

I looked towards the streets as people continued to walk by and I thought about Tara. Where was she? How could she not realize that I was missing? A hand was put on my shoulder and made me jump.

“It’s ok, I’m here, I won’t be leaving you,” Misha said as I started to freak out.  “Come on, we need to get you home,” he said putting his arm around my shoulders as we started to walk down the street.  “Where do you live?” he asked. I gave him direction and we walked up to the apartment building to finds cops and a freaking out Tara and Kennedy.  Misha let me go and I ran over to them.

“Nicole, what happened?” they both yelled running up to me. Tara hugged me and started to cry.

“I’m ok, my friend here helped me,” I said turning to see Misha being questioned by the cops.  Tara was crying on my shoulder still as Kennedy asked me what happened.

“It was the guys from my old school,” I said still watching Misha.

“But they are gone,” Kennedy said.

“Well, there’s more,” I said.

“How do you know?”

“I just do,” I said as Misha walked over to us and I wrapped my arms around him again. Kennedy and Tara were now staring at Misha as he hugged me back and put his head on top of mine.

Then Tara’s eyes almost popped out of her head. Kennedy looked over at her and gave her a questioning look. “We need to get inside,” Kennedy said as she watched Tara now.

“Here’s my number, call me if you need anything at all. Even if it is at 2 in the morning, I’ll come,” Misha said to me as he handed me a piece of paper and let me go.

“Thanks for your help,” I said as he started to walk off. Tara, Kennedy, and I started up the steps and when we stepped through the door Tara grabbed my arm to stop me.

“Nicole, do you know who that was?” she said shocked. “How did you not know who he was? You are in love with the guy!”

“Tara, what are you talking about?” Kennedy said looking at the both of us.

“Tara, I knew who it was,” I said pushing her towards out door and pushing her in as Kennedy followed. “I’m just trying not to get too happy, because I’m afraid that I would wake up in bed crying and you by my bed waking me up,” I said as we were inside.