Family, Friends, and Sickness

“Thanks for the ride and lunch,” I said as Misha dropped me of at my aunt’s place that afternoon. Throughout the whole time talking, Misha still hadn’t asked for my name. “I had a great time,” I said as I backed up from the jeep.

“Any time, I enjoyed getting to know you more. Hope to see you again before we move out after shooting the episode at the end of the week,” he said starting the jeep back up.

I tried not to faint as I watched him drive off. I just had lunch with the guy of my dreams who I thought I would never meet and he wanted to see me again before he and the guys left! I was trying not to freak out as I walked up to the apartment but was brought back to earth when I saw Tara freaking out in the din while Miles was on the phone in the kitchen.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I came through the open front door. Miles turned around to look at me and gave out a deep sigh as he turned back around and dialed a number again. Tara jumped up and ran over to me.

“Please tell me you saw Kennedy,” she said grabbing my arms. When she saw the questioning look on my face she let go and dropped back onto the couch.

“What is going on? Why are you asking about Kennedy?” I asked sitting by Tara.

“She won’t answer any of her calls, we tried the studio half a dozen times already but no answer,” Tara said crying.

“Oh my gosh, Tara, she’s just working on a project; give her space, she’s a big girl and has lived on her own for how long now?” I said trying not to laugh.

“But wouldn’t she answer her phone after 12 calls?” Miles said from the kitchen as he dialed her number again.

“Good point,” I said as I pulled out my phone. There were no messages from her, only one from Tara asking about Kennedy. “No messages from her myself,” I said getting up and about to call her myself when a thought hit me. “You haven’t called the cops yet have you?”

“What?” Tara asked

“Have you called the cops?” I said nervously.

“No, we were waiting for you to get home to see if she was with you or if you had seen her,” Tara said freaking out.

“Got her!” Miles yelled from the kitchen. “Where are you? Tara is here freaking out and we have called over and over again!” he yelled into the phone.

“Miles, calm down!” I yelled at him as he went on.

“Nicole called when she was going out to lunch with her friend,” he snapped.

“Miles, she’s not family!” I yelled again as I stormed into my room. I dropped onto my bed as I thought what kept Kennedy from answering her phone calls when my eyes fell on the letters that were still not opened on my bedside table. I throw them into the trash can as I grabbed some clothes to change into once I was done with my shower.

Awhile later as I turned off the water I heard yelling coming from the din. “I’m sorry I wasn’t thinking, he had asked me out to lunch ok?” Kennedy was yelling. I got out and dried off before getting dressed and drying my hair. “Nicole was right, I’m not family! Thanks for worrying about me, but I’m old enough to go out without having to call home!”

“Kennedy, when you spend more time here than in your own apartment, then you are family!” Miles yelled. I started to dry my hair, trying to bloke out the pointless yelling going on in the house. Using a hair dryer is only good for so long, 30 minutes later I was listening to them still fighting.

“Guys, if you don’t stop fighting then we can get in trouble,” I yelled poking my head into my door way but stopped when I saw Jensen Ackles in the dinning room sitting on the couch trying not to laugh while Misha looked at pictures on the wall.