Finally Safe

• Dedicated to to all of my friends and readers

We were all siting in the living room watching a movie when the power went out. Misha and Miles were sitting on the couch with Tara and me when it happened. Misha got up with Miles following him.

“I don’t need you to follow me Miles, just looking for a flashlight,” Misha said as he headed for the kitchen. Miles followed him anyway when we suddenly heard a sound out by the window. Suddenly the window in the kitchen exploded sending glass everywhere and sending Misha flying to the floor.

“No!” I yelled jumping up from the couch and running over to him. His head had hit the corner of the table and was bleeding. Tara ran to get some towels but before she could get back two guys jumped through the window and kicked Miles to the side and make him hit his head on the wall and then punched him in the face.

I was still on the floor holding Misha to me as Tara screamed from our bedroom. There was a bang from the room and more screaming then silence. “Tara! Tara!” I yelled afraid to leave Misha by himself around these guys. One of the guys who had been attacking Miles walked over to me and got down to eye level and watched me as the others pulled Tara out of the back room and dragged Miles away and shoved them into the guest bathroom.

They didn’t try to take Misha away from me as they all closed in on me. I used the end of my shirt to wipe away the blood on his head as I kept looking up at the guys closing in on me. Suddenly I was pulled to my feet and had my face shoved into the wall as my arms where pulled around to my back and tied up. I looked down to see two guys pick Misha up and dragged him to my aunt’s room where they threw him on the floor. A second later they took me in there and tied me to the bathroom door handle. One guy threw a towel at Misha and closed the door after everyone but us where out of the room.

When we were sure that they were gone for now Misha started to inch over to me. He tried to sit up so that I could wrap the towel around his head with my hands still tied up. Misha was too weak to untie me and laid his head in my lap as he slowly started to drift away. “No, Misha, stay with me! Don’t close your eyes!” I yelled as tears fell onto his face as he took his final breath.

“Nicole, Nicole, it’s a dream. Wake up,” Kennedy was saying as she tried to wake me up. I shot up and saw that Misha was gone. I backed up and fell off the edge of the bed and crawled to the corner of the room and pulled my knees up to my chest.

“Nicole, it’s ok, you are safe,” Kennedy kept saying to me. “Do I need to get Tara in here?” she asked. I shook my head no and just pulled my legs closer to me.

“Nicole,” Kennedy was beginning to say when I broke in.

“Leave me alone,” I snapped suddenly rocking myself back and forth. Kennedy stood up and left the room with a concerned look on her face. I don’t know who long I sat there but at one point my eyes wanted to close and go to sleep but I couldn’t go back to sleep. What if the dream was worse this time and Tara and Miles get killed too?

As I was finally about to fall asleep I heard running feet burst into the apartment and heard the curtains being pulled in the living room. The person kept on running around the place and suddenly my door open to show Misha and the girl from the store standing in the background standing by Jared and Jensen.

“Are you ok?” Misha asked rushing over to me and pulling me to him. I cried on his shoulder as the dream came back to me. Jared came to the door and Misha turned to look at him. “Nicole, Jared will stay with you while I go make a phone call.” He got up and Jared took his place.

“What is going on?” I asked as I saw Misha glance over at me through my open door while he was still on the phone. He walked over to the window in the living room and looked through the curtains as he kept talking.

“Uhm, I don’t think I should be the one to tell you,” Jared said holding me in his arms as Misha got off the phone and walked over to Kait and whispered something in her ear. Jared got up when Misha came back and whispered something in his ear.

“Kait, come here please,” Misha called out and the girl came in. I dropped my mouth open when it hit me.

“Mish is your brother?” I asked shocked.

“You are Nicole? The girl Misha saved?” Kait asked. “Holy Mother of Crap, my brother is dating my friend!”

“We are not dating,” Misha and I said at the same time before anyone who heard would get any ideas. “Uhm, we are just friends,” I said still in the corner of the room.

“Right, right, well I would be happy if you two were dating,” she said looking over at Misha and then me. “I just figured that you two were dating by the way he talked about you on TV and how he dropped everything to come over here.”

“What?” I asked looking up at him.

“Well, you are a friend and it’s a good thing I came or no one would have known that there are guys spying on you outside,” he said before he could stop himself. I shot up and ran into my closet

“Nice, make her even more scared,” Kait snapped at Misha as she walked over to me. “Come on, it’s ok,” she said leaning down and helped me get on my feet. I let her since I was so tired and didn’t have the strength to fight anyone any longer. I looked over at the door to the room and saw everyone watching me.

Jensen had his arm around Kennedy and Tara had her arms around Mile’s middle. I stood against Kait as she helped me stand on my feet until Misha came over and took me from her. I was scared, but felt safe in his arms as he held me to his chest. While everyone watched me I hid my face in Misha’s chest when suddenly there was yelling outside. Car doors slammed and people started to shot when there was suddenly a gun shot. All of us girls screamed and I dropped to the floor, taking Misha down with me.

I started to cry all over again as the night came back to me. “It’s ok, it’s the cops, they are trying to help,” he said trying to calm me down. There was a knock on the door and we all turned to look as Jared let go of Kennedy and went to open the door.

“Is everyone ok?” a cop asked coming into the back bedroom. He looked around and saw me looking up from Misha’s arms. “Are you ok?” the cop asked kneeling down in front of me. I nodded as I tried to stop crying.

“She has been in a school shooting before, sir. Those outside has started the school shooting,” Misha explained as the gun shots stopped outside.

“We got them, sir,” a voice said on the cop’s walky-talky. “They are now safe,” the cop said. We all ran to the window to see the last guy being put in the police car. Kennedy hugged Jared and Tara and Miles shared a kiss. Jared had his arm around Clair as he was me and Misha with our arms around each other and my head on his arm and his head on mine.

“You are now safe, no more worrying,” Misha said squeezing my arm and kissed the top of my head as Kait came up to his other said and he put his other arm around her shoulders.