The guy with blue hair

The first three days of college in NYC were good, guys were hitting on Tara nonstop but she turned them all down.  “You really like Miles don’t you,” I said after she turned another boy down on our way to Kennedy’s studio.

“Yes, you should get one too. Nicole, we are at the top college in NY, you need to get a boyfriend,” she said walking backwards.  “How was the test in your video making class?”

“Don’t even ask me about it, I failed that test. I studied all week for it and I freaked out when I got the test,” I said as I walked into a store to get a snack. Tara walked in with me as I headed for the candy bars.  “Why is that the king size bars are cheaper than two regular size ones?” I asked as I grabbed a chocolate bar.

“I have no idea, why don’t you go out with that one boy who won’t stop following us?” she said, not dropping the subject of dating.

“I am not going out with anyone,” I said as I walked backwards talking to Tara. Before Tara could say watch out, I ran into someone behind me. I turned around to see a guy who was trying to hide blue hair under his hat. “I’m so sorry,” I said backing up.

“No, it’s ok, that’s not the worse that has happened to me today,” he said as he wiped a drink off of his shirt.

“Let me buy you drink since I made you spill yours all over you,” I offered feeling bad for not paying attention to where I was going.

“No, it’s fine. You go to the college down the road?” he asked when he saw our book bags.

“Yeah, just got done for the day was heading to our friend’s studio down the street,” I said looking over at Tara who was trying not to laugh. I hit her in the arm and she walked off to pay for the candy.

The guy looked around before taking his hat off to fix it some more before hiding it again. “If you don’t mind me asking, but why is your hair blue?” I said trying to keep a straight face.

“My sister colored it while I asleep the other night after we were done hunting,” he explained.

“Oh, is Kait your sister?” I asked remembering her saying that her brother was taking her hunting.

“Yeah, so you met her?”

 “The same way I met you, I ran into her in a store last Saturday. I hoped you had fun hunting,” I said as Tara pulled my arm as she left the store. “See you later,” I called out, not getting to catch his name.  

As we walked down the street I was thinking about the guy with blue hair and didn’t notice Tara pulling out her phone and turning on the camera on it.  Suddenly I heard my song and started singing, not knowing I was being taped.

(I'm an angel with a shotgun, shotgun, shotgun,

An angel with a shotgun, shotgun, shotgun...)

Get out your guns, battles begun,

Are you a saint, or a sinner?

If loves a fight, than I shall die,

With my heart on a trigger.

They say before you start a war,

You better know what you're fighting for.

Well baby, you are all that I adore,

If love is what you need, a soldier I will be.

I'm an angel with a shotgun,

Fighting til' the wars won,

I don't care if heaven won't take me back.

I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe.