Four

To be pregnant unplanned and unknowingly, bothered the hell out of Janet. It was a fifteen year age gap between her eldest child and Jeremiah. Not knowing how to tell her husband and son, there were so many ways to announce it. Gil was the first to know and Sean had to be second. Her AirPods blasted Musiq Soulchild's 'Teachme', causing Janet to tear. Although it was her favorite song, she had never cried. Had to be the hormones raging. The private jet was preparing to take. The one and a half hour flight gave her enough time to plan how to tell Sean.

The only passengers on the plane were Janet, Joey, and alongside Gil. He laid his head on her arm, causing her to playfully roll her eyes. Exhaling harshly from this past week's events, a small piece of anxiety had crept up. Praying to God everything went smoothly, Janet's eyelids slowly closed, going straight to sleep.

"Wake your ass up, preggo. That damn baby got you sleepily already and it doesn't even have limbs." Gil spoke, causing Janet to huff. Men will never understand the concept of pregnancy and how drained you are. It was a nine month chore, and sleep never came easy.

It felt good to be back home in Los Angeles. She missed her man and son, so she quickly exited the private jet. The time was now 11:30am and her luggage was being carried by Joey. She hopped into the big vehicle, sprawled out in the backseat. The ride to her home was about twenty minutes, and Janet could not wait to shower and sleep.

Her phone buzzed making her catch even more of an attitude. Checking to see who it was, her siblings group chat had been active. Trying to chat up on everything, Jermaine was hosting a dinner party for tonight. Janet hasn't seen brothers and sisters in well over four months, due to touring and what not. Not being in a party mood, she wanted to cancel but it'd be a bad look on her end. She mustered up energy, and decided to go out once and for all.

Arriving in front of her home, Janet sighed and was back to the regular normalcy. Joey grabbed her belongings, walking to the porch. Opening the door, she was greeted by her son, who ran to her waist. Kissing him over and over on his forehead, Janet was overwhelmed by his love. Soon he'd be a big brother, and she didn't know how Jeremiah would feel. It was all wrong timing but she always considered babies a gift from God.

"Mama, I can't wait for you to relax so we could go hang out and play. I missed you so much," He said. Smiling at her baby boy, Janet suddenly sulked thinking of this other baby. Their relationship was solid, but she didn't want things to change for the worst. Hearing her husband call her name, Janet walked upstairs into the bedroom.

"Hey baby, welcome home," Sean said. Immediately blushing, Janet jumped into bed straddling her man. She missed nightly cuddles and random kisses. This was the perfect time to tell her husband about the baby. Laying on her side in bed, Janet had looked her man in his face. Being nervous and all, she didn't know how to present the announcement.

"So...," Clearing her throat, she smiled. Sean knew something wasn't right, just by seeing her body language.

"How would you feel if we had another baby?" Biting her lip, Janet was afraid of his answer. Maybe he wasn't ready for another kid. The age gap being Jeremiah and this new child would be far apart.

"I'd be happy. We've been trying for quite some time, and now that you're home, it's perfect." Sean sounded genuine with his response. Tearing up, Janet had to tell him the good news.

"Well, we're going to be a family of four soon." Sean kissed his wife's forehead, with pure joy and excitement. He was trying to find their child who's all grown up, wanting to mend the gap in the family. Janet tried to find her baby girl, but she felt doubtful.

It bothered her that Cadence would most likely resent her own mother, which was understandable. Janet was extremely sensitive, and was a survivor from a toxic relationship. Dating a man who verbally attacked her for her looks, personality, and body, troubled the grown woman. Sean, on the other hand, loved every fiber of his wife's being. He made it a priority to love on her, whenever she felt down and vulnerable.

More than blessed, they were both overwhelmed by each other's love. They've communicated on several occasions about their personal issues in past relationships. It caused more transparency in their own marriage, which was extremely important.

"Cannot wait for our baby to come. I love you, J. Thank you for this blessing." Smiling at her husband, Janet kissed him.

"I love you, too."