Chapter 3: Eleven

Peter's Pov:

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" I asked while looking at this girl. She looked so scared. "Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked her. I slapped him a little. "Did you run away?" This time it was Lucas. "Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike asked. "Is that blood?" Lucas spoke again. Mike slapped his hand. "Stop it! You're freaking her out" Mike looked beside him at Lucas. "She's freaking me out!" Lucas told Mike. "I bet she's deaf" Dustin slapped his hands in front of the girls face and she flinched a little. "Not deaf" Dustin stepped back a little. "All right, that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold" Mike almost snapped back. Mike walked over to a basket of his clothes and pulled out somethings and handed them to the girl "Here, these are clean. Okay?". She nodded and started taking off her shirt in front of us. "No, no, no!" The four of us yelled a little, either looking away or shielding our eyes. "Oh, my god. Oh, my god" Dustin spoke. "See over there?" I turned around to face the girl again and pointed to the bathroom. "That's the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?" I continued. She started walking toward the bathroom and I followed close behind. When she got in I started to close the door but she stopped me. "You don't want it closed?" I kept my tone calm. "No" Her voice was soft. "Oh, so you can speak" My tone was still very calm. "Ok well.. How about we keep the door.." I closed the door a little keeping it a few inches open "Just like this. Is that better?" She nodded "Yes." I gave her a gentle smile before walking back to the rest of the boys.  "This is mental" Dustin exclaimed. "At least she can talk" I told Dustin. "She said no and yes. Mike's three year old sister says more" Lucas turned to look at me. "She tried to get naked" Dustin said. "There's something seriously wrong with her. Like wrong in head" Lucas spoke again. "She just went like.." Dustin mimed what the girl did, knocking his hat off. "I bet she escaped from Pennhurst" Lucas looked at Mike. "From where?" Mike sounded almost annoyed "The nuthouse in Kerley county" Lucas told Mike and I rolled my eyes. "You got alot of family there?" Dustin turned to Lucas "Bite me" Lucas snapped back and I rolled my eyes again. "Seriously though think about it.  That would explained hed shaved hair and why she's so crazy" He told us. "And why she went like.." Dustin mimed the thing the girl did again. "She's an escapee is the point. She's probably a psycho" Lucas explained. "Like Michael Myers" Dustin added. "Exactly!" Lucas spoke again. "We should have never brought her here" He added. "So you just wanted to leave her out in the storm?" Mike asked Lucas. "Yes we went out to find Will, not another problem" Lucas snapped. "I think we should tell your mom" Dustin spoke up as I sat on the couch. All of this was stressing me out. "I second that" Lucas said. "Who's crazy now" I finally said something. "How is that crazy?" Lucas looked at me. "'Cause we weren't supposed to be out tonight, remember?" Mike said. "So?" Lucas asked Mike. "So if I tell my mom and she tells your mom, your mom and your dad.." Mike pointed at us as he talked. "Oh man" Dustin sounded slightly worried. "Our houses become Alcatraz" Lucas looked at Mike. "Exactly. We'll never find Will" I stood up and walked back to the group. "All right here's the plan. She sleeps here tonight" Mike told us. "You're letting a girl.." Dustin was interrupted by Mike "Just listen! In the morning she sneaks around my house, goes to the front door and rings my doorbell. My mom will answer and know exactly what to do. She'll send her back to Pennhurst or where ever she came from. We'll totally be in the clear. And tommorow night we go back out. And this time, we find Will"

Dustin and Lucas walked up the stairs as Mike and I got the girl a sleeping bag and some blankets. We set up a little fort for her to sleep in. She came out of the bathroom wearing the clothes Mike gave her and we finished setting up the fort. She sat inside and Mike handed her his sleeping bag "Here you go. This is my sleeping bag." She took it hesitantly as I heard somethings Dustin and Lucas said as they walked up the stairs and rolled my eyes a little. "Hey, um, I never asked your name" Mike looked at her as she rolled up her sleeve a little to show a tattoo of the number 011. My eyes widened "Is that real?" I asked as I reached forward a little towards her and she flinched bringing her arm back. "Sorry, I've just... never seen a kid with a tattoo before" I apologized. "What's it mean? Eleven?" Mike asked her. She pointed to herself "That's your name?" I asked and she nodded. "Eleven okay. Well my name's Mike. Short for Michael" Mike introduced himself. "And I'm Peter!" I gave her a soft smile. "Maybe we can call you El short for Eleven" Mike suggested and she nodded a little. "Um well okay. Night El" I said standing up from the ground. "Night Mike and Peter" She replied as Mike stood up and we both walked upstairs. I said goodbye to Mike and walked out the front door. I hopped on my bike and rode home.

When I got home all the lights were off and my dads car wasn't in the driveway meaning they were still out. I parked my bike outside the garage, exactly where it was before and I went inside. I ran upstairs to my room and looked at the drawings Will made for me. I looked at the one he drew of himself and me and held it in my arms "Will we will find you" a few tears rolled down my cheeks.

Time skip brought to you by .... i dont know

Dustin, Lucas and I all walked into class. We sat down in our seats and looked over at Mike's empty seat. "Oh this is weird. He's never this late" Dustin spoke. "I'm telling you, his stupid plan failed" Lucas looked over at Dustin. "I thought you liked his plan" I leaned forward toward Lucas. "Yeah, but obviously it was stupid or he'd be here" Lucas added. "If his mom found out a girl spent the night.." Dustin looked at me and then Lucas "He's in deep shit right about now" Lucas added to Dustin's sentence. "Hey what if she slept naked?" Dustin asked. "Oh my god she didn't" I looked at Dustin. "Oh, if Mrs. Wheeler tells my parents" Dustin put his head in his hands "No way. Mike would never rat us out" Lucas explained to Dustin. "I don't know" Dustin spoke back. "All that matters is, after school, the freak will the back in the loony bin and we can focus on what really matters, finding Will" Lucas continued. "I don't know. What if she can help us find Will or something Lucas" I told him right before the teacher began to talk

Word Count: 1245