Chapter 15: 353 Days

Peter's Pov:

El stood at the door and everyone lowered their weapons. She walked in the house a little more and Mike walked forward. The two hugged each other tightly. "I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for--" Mike spoke. "353 days. I heard" El finished Mike's sentence. "Why didn't you tell me that you were there. That you were okay?" Mike asked her. "Because I wouldn't let her" Hopper replied and walked up to El. "The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper asked El. "Where have you been?" El almost snapped back. The two of them hugged. "You've been hiding her" Mike said. "You've been hiding her this whole time" Mike pushed Hopper. "Hey. Lets talk. Alone" Hopper told Mike and the two of them went to a different room.

"We missed you" Lucas said. "I missed you too" El spoke as Dustin, Lucas and her hugged. "We talked about you pretty much everyday" Dustin explained to El and they broke up the hug. El looked at Dustin for a moment. "Teeth" She said pointing at Dustin's teeth. "What?" Dustin asked. "You have teeth" El explained. "Oh? You like these pearls" Dustin made that weird purring noise and Max came closer to the group. "Eleven? Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you" Max smiled at El, sticking out her hand for El to shake. El didn't and pushed pass her to me. "Hey El" I smiled widely at her and she smiled back. She looked down at my leg and back up at in my face in worry. "What happened?" She asked. "Oh I got bit my one of those monsters" I told her and she nodded, wrapped her arms around my body. I wrapped my arms around her to the best of my ability with the crutches. "I missed you a lot" I told her. "I missed you too, Peter" She pulled out of the hug and smiled at me one more time before going to Joyce.

The two of them left the room probably to see Will leaving Dustin, Lucas, Max, Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, My dad and I in the living room. Soon El and Joyce went into the kitchen and everyone started to go to them so I followed slowly. "Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?" Joyce asked El and I didn't totally know what she was talking about. Wait a second, the gate.

"It's not like it was before. Its grown. A lot. And, I mean that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs" Hopper explained as we all stood around the Byers kitchen table. "Demodogs" Dustin told Hopper and I looked at Dustin. "Hey, I came up with that" I said in a slightly whiny tone. "Well so did I. I guess great minds think alike" Dustin said. "I'm sorry what?" Hopper asked. "I said, uh, Demodogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass" Dustin explained being interrupted by Hopper "How is this important?" He asked. "Its not. I'm sorry" Dustin said and looked down at the table. "I can do it" El spoke. "You're not hearing me" Hopper said. "I'm hearing you. I can do it" El told Hopper. "Even if El can there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies" Mike said. "I thought that was the whole point" Max spoke. "It is but if we're really right about this... I mean if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayers army..." Mike explained. "Will's apart of that army. " Lucas spoke and Mike nodded. "Closing the gate will kill him" Mike said and it felt like my breath was taken away. I couldn't breath. Steve grabbed my inhaler out of my fanny pack, puffed it into my mouth and I started to get my breath back. "Are you okay?" Max asked me and I nodded. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine" I told her and she nodded. Joyce got up and started walking towards the room Will was in so some of us followed her. "He likes it cold" Joyce said, looking at the window. "What?" Hopper asked. "Its what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold. We keep giving it what it wants" Joyce explained, closing the window. "If this is a virus and Will's the host, then..." Nancy started. "We need to make the host uninhabitable" Jonathan finised for her. "So if he likes it cold..." Nancy said. "We need to burn it out of him" Joyce spoke. "We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time" Mike stated. "Yeah, somewhere far away" I added.