Chapter 16: Thessalhydra

Peter's Pov:

Everyone sat in the hospital waiting room except for Joyce and Jonathan. They were waiting for Will to wake up. Dustin and Lucas were passed out, Dustin laying on Lucas's shoulder. Mike and I wide awake. I sat next to Steve, holding onto his arm, just hoping Will will wake up. Soon, Jonathan walked into the room and Mike looked up at him. He nodded a little and I stood up. "Guys, guys! He's up! Wills up" Mike woke Dustin and Lucas up. I waited for Dustin, Mike and Lucas by the door and we all ran to Will's room. I opened the door widely and ran to Will's side, carefully wrapping my arms around him with Lucas, Mike and Dustin behind me. They hugged him after me and Will smiled widely. God, I missed that smile. "You won't believe what happened when you were gone, man" Lucas started. "It was mental" Dustin spoke. "You had a funeral" Lucas said. "Jennifer Hayes was crying" Dustin told him. "And Troy peed himself" Lucas stated. "In front of the whole school" Dustin added. Will laughed a bit then started coughing. Lucas and Dustin calmed down. "Are you okay?" I asked him, worried. "It got me. The Demogorgon" Will told us. "We know. Its okay. Its dead. We made a new friend. She stopped it. She saved us. But she's gone now" Mike told him. "Her name's Eleven" Dustin said. "Like the number?" Will asked. "Well, we call her El for short" Lucas spoke. "She's basically a wizard" Dustin added. "She has superpowers" Lucas whispered. "More like Yoda" Mike said. "She flipped a van with her mind and these agents were trying to shoot us... "Dustin started. "And she squeezed their brains out" Lucas continued. Then the three of them started talking over eachother. I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying. I was just focusing on Will. When they finished talking, Lucas looked at me. He saw me staring at Will and him and Dustin and Mike left the room so I could talk to Will. "Hi" I started moving slightly closer to Will. "Hi Eds" Will smiled widely. "I told you not to call me that" I chuckled a little and Will did as well. "Anyways I missed you. A lot" I told him. "I missed you too" He said. I grabbed his hand with my unbroken arm and squeezed it gently. A lightly pink blush spread over his face and I smiled letting a harsh red blush spread over my own face. The two of us stayed there silent, holding hands and blushing until Will spoke. "What happened to your arm?" He asked. "Oh, I fell out of a tree" I told him chuckling a little and he chuckled a little as well. "Let me sign your cast" He said and I pulled a sharpie out of my fanny pack and handed it to him. He gently grabbed my arm and wrote his name on the cast. He smiled at me softly. I missed him so much.

1 month later

"Something is coming. Something angry. Hungry for your blood. It is almost here" Mike said as the five of us played D&D in his basement. "What is it?" Will asked. "Its the thessalhydra, I'm telling you" Dustin spoke. "Its not the thessalhydra" Lucas told him. "I'm telling you, its the thessalhydra" Dustin said. Mike slammed a piece on the board "The thessalhydra" He told us. "Damn it" Dustin complained. "It roars in anger. Will, your action!" Mike yelled. "What should I do I..." Will started. "Fireball him!" Lucas yelled and I nodded. Will looked at Dustin for his input. "Fireball the son of a bitch" Dustin told him and Will took the dice and rolled them. He rolled a fourteen and we all yelled. "Direct hit! Will the wise's fireball hits the thessalhydra. It makes a painful "rawrrr" and then... it crumbles to the ground. Its clawed hand reaches for you one last time and, and, and, and..." Mike acted it all out and pretended to die on the floor. Will, Lucas, Dustin and I cheered. "Lucas cuts off its 7 heads and Dustin places them into his bag of holding. You carry the heads out of the dungeon, victorious and you present them to King Edward. He thanks you for your bravery and service" Mike finished. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, thats not it, is it?" Dustin asked. "No, there's a medal ceremony" Mike told him. "Oh, a medal ceremony? What are you talking about?" Dustin said. "Yeah man, the campaign was way too short" Lucas told Mike. "Yeah" Will agreed with Lucas. "It was 10 hours!" Mike told them. "But it doesn't make any sense" Dustin complained. "It makes sense" Mike told him. "Uh, no. What about the lost knight?" Dustin said. "And the proud princess" Lucas added. "And those weird flowers in the cave" Will continued. "I don't know its..." Mike began being interrupted by the door of the basement opening. We all looked over at the stairs to see Jonathan coming down. "Jeez, what's that smell? You guys been playing games all day or just farting?" He asked and we all laughed a little. "No, that's just Dustin. He farted. Dustin farted. Dustin farted. Dustin farted" Lucas blew raspberries and Will and I laughed pretty hard. I looked over at him and smiled and he smiled back. "Bye, guys" Will stood up and grabbed his coat. Dustin and Lucas started fighting and I ran upstairs to talk to Will for a moment. "Will!" I met up with him in the living room. "I got you this" I pulled a box out of my fanny pack. I handed it to Will "Open it" I told him and he did so. "Its filled with little cards that everytime you are feeling sad, angry, scared, nervous or anything like that you can read the card and on the other side it has ways to help how you are feeling and make you feel happy again. I know its not much but I just couldn't find anything that was you at the stores so.." I explained to him. "Its perfect Peter" He smiled and hugged me. I hugged back. Before I pulled away I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. When I pulled away he was blushing like crazy. "Merry Christmas" I smiled at him as him and Jonathan left the house.

Word count: 1096
Season 1 is over and now I will be going on to season 2!