Chapter 6: Zoomer

Peter's Pov:

The bell rang and school was finally over. Mike and I walked over to Will "Will, you coming? Lets go show Mr. Clarke" Mike said and Will walked up to us with a scared expression. Similar to the one he had earlier. "What?" Mike asked. "What?" Mike asked again. "Its about D'artagnan" Will told us.

We ran to Mr. Clarke's classroom and opened the door. "Stop! I'm sorry Mr. Clarke. It was just a stupid prank. I told him to stop" I said and grabbed the trap. "What the hell are you doing?" Dustin asked me. "We need to go" I said and started to exit the room with Mike and Will behind me. "Peter!" Dustin yelled. "Right now. Right now!" I yelled and ran straight to the AV room with the trap in my hand.

Max banged on the door to the AV room. "Guys come on, Can I come in yet?" She yelled through the door. "No" Mike yelled at her. "I don't understand" Lucas paced around the room. "What do you not understand?" Mike asked him. "Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?" Lucas asked. "Kind of, but there was no tail" Will explained. "But then he heard it yesterday. The exact same sound" I said. "Why didn't you tell us before?" Dustin asked Will. "I wasn't sure" Will told him. "So it's a coincidence" Dustin spoke. "Or not. What if when Will was stuck in the Upside Down, he somehow acquired True Sight" Mike explained. "True Sight?" Lucas asked. "It gives you the power to see into the ethereal plane" Dustin told Lucas. "Elaborate" Lucas sighed. "Maybe these episodes Will keeps having aren't really flashbacks at all. Maybe they're real. Maybe Will can somehow see into the Upside Down" Mike explained. "So that would mean..." Lucas spoke. "Dart is from the Upside Down" I said. "We have to take him to Hopper" Lucas said. "I agree" Mike replied and I nodded. "No way. If we take him to Hopper, Dart's good as dead" Dustin told us. "Maybe he should be" Mike spoke. "How can you say that?" Dustin raised his voice. "How could you not? He's from the Upside Down" Mike raised his voice as well. "Maybe. But even if he is it doesn't automatically mean that he's bad" Dustin explained. "That's like saying just because someone's from the Death Star doesn't make them bad" I told Dustin. "We have a bond" He told me. "A bond? Just because he likes nougat?" Mike asked him. "No, because he trusts me!" Dustin yelled at Mike. "He trusts you?" Lucas asked, hesitantly. "Yes, I promised I would take care of him" Dustin told Lucas and Dart screeched. He moved around and the trap moved. The trap flipped to its side and Mike picked up a microphone for defense. "Don't hurt him" Dustin said. "Only if he attacks" Mike spoke. "Just open it already" Lucas told Dustin and Will gripped my hand tightly. Dustin opened the trap and Dart came out, a little bigger than before and he was now green. "Holy shit" Lucas mumbled. Dart screeched a few times and legs came out from the sides of him. I gagged and hid my face in Will's shoulder. "Oh, shit!" Lucas yelled. Mike got ready to hit Dart with the microphone. "No!" Dustin screamed and Dart fell to the ground. Dart ran towards the door and it opened wide. Dart ran out the door and Max who had opened the door watched it. "Oh, shit" Mike mumbled and we all stumbled out of the room. Dustin and Lucas ran out first and tripped, falling on Max and knocking her down as well. "Where'd he go?" Lucas said, getting up from the ground. "What was that?" Max asked also getting up from the floor. "Dart!" Mike yelled at her. "What?" She asked him. "You let him escape!" Mike told her. "Why did you attack him?" Dustin asked him. "Come on" Mike said and started to run away and Will, Max and I followed. "Don't hurt him. Don't you hurt him!" Dustin yelled from behind.

We had all split up and were walking around the school, looking for Dart. "Nothing here man, Peter?" I heard Lucas say from my supercom. "Center's clear" I told Lucas and continued walking. I saw a person walk in the school through the main doors. They had short curly hair and were wearing a brown oversized coat. They looked very familiar but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Mike's Pov:

I walked into the gym quietly. I saw the door to the boys change room swing open and I charged towards it. When I walked in I was a broom and grabbed it in defense just in case Dart was there. I quickly jumped and saw Max. She turned around to face me "What the hell are you doing?" She asked me. "What are you doing? Why are you in here?" I asked her. "Looking for Dart" She told me. "This is the boys room" I said. "Yeah, so?" She spoke. "So you should go home" I told her and threw the broom to the ground before leaving the room. "Why do you hate me so much?" Max followed me out of the room. "I don't hate you. How could I hate you? I don't even know you" I said, continuing to walk. "Yeah, but you don't want me in your party" She said. "Correct" I spoke, still walking. "Why not?" She asked me. "Because you're annoying. And besides we don't need another party member. I'm our Paladin, Will's our Cleric, Dustin's our Bard, Lucas is our Ranger, Peter is our Rogue and El's our mage" I told her, stopping and turning around to face her. "El? Who's El?" She asked me. "Someone. No one" I said. "Someone or no one?" She started to sound annoyed. "She was in our party along time ago. She moved away, okay?" I turned around and started walking again. "She was a Mage? Well, what could she do, like, magic tricks or something? Well I could be your zoomer" She got on her skateboard and stopped right in front of me. "That's not even a real thing" I stopped walking. "It could be. See? Zoomer" She said, skating circles around me. "Mind-blowing" I said, in a sarcastic tone. "Come on, you know you're impressed" She continued to skate. "I don't see any tricks. You're just going around in a circle" I spoke and my voice echoed throughout the gym. "If its so easy, you try it" She told me. "No" I said. "Why not?" She asked me. "I don't know how" I watched her skate around me. "So then you admit, its kind of impressive" She spoke. "I think if I spent like, all day practicing, I could do that" I explained. "I would give you a million bucks if you could" Max told me. "Okay, you're making me dizzy. Please just stop" I said to her. "I'll stop when I join your party" She explained. "Come on, just stop" I spoke. "Its a simple question. Am I in or out?" She asked me and continued to skate. She skated another circle around me until she fell to the ground. "Jesus! Are you alright?" I got down on the floor next to her. "Yeah, yeah, I think so" She told me and I helped her back up to her feet. "What happened?" I asked her. "I don't know. It was like a magnet or something pulling on my board. I know that sounds crazy" She explained and I immediate thought that popped into my head was El. I looked over at the gym doors but saw nothing. I ran over to the doors and opened them. I looked down the halls, hoping that El was there. They were empty.

Will's Pov:

I opened the door to the bathroom, slowly walking inside. There we small noises coming from a stall amd I walked towards it and opened it. Dart was sitting behind the toilet. "Guys... I found him" I spoke into my supercom. "Where?" Dustin asked me. "In the bathroom by Mr. Salerno's" I told him. "Copy that" Mike said. "Its okay. I'm not going to hurt you" I said to Dart and he screeched at me, loudly. I dropped my supercom and ran out of the bathroom. I looked down both hallways and the lights started to flicker soon completely going dark. I looked to my side and saw vines. It was the Upside Down. To my side I saw the large black shadow thing I had saw the day before and it started chasing me. I ran as fast as my legs could take me out of the school.

Peter's Pov:

Mike, Lucas, Max and I ran towards the bathroom where Will told us Dart would be. When we got there we saw Dustin standing against the wall. "Where's Dart?" Mike asked. He shrugged "I don't know. Not here." "What?" I asked him and started looking in each stall for Dart. "He said by Salerno's right?" Max said. "Yeah, maybe Will has him" Dustin suggested. "Where is Will?" I stopped looking in the stalls and faced Dustin.

Word count: 1549