Chapter 7: Pretty...

Peter's Pov:

I woke up the next morning hoping everything that had happened last night was a dream. I saw my tear stained pillow and got out of bed. I walked downstairs to see my dads and brother all sitting on the couch watching the tv. I could tell they were watching the news when I heard "Byers body was found in the water of this quarry" and tears filled my eyes again. Shit, it wasn't a dream. My best friend was actually dead. When I reached the bottom of the stairs both my dads and brother walked up to me and engulfed me in a hug. "Sweetie you don't have to go to school today. We know you probably feel terrible and we know you might not want to go to school" My dad Chris explained "But we do have to go to work. Will you be okay alone?" He asked me I nodded. "If you need anything. You can call the station. Okay?" My dad Harry told me and I nodded again and they both said goodbye to me and left for work. "Hey, things will get better little bro. I am always here for you no matter what. Okay?" Steve told me and I nodded. He gave me a smile before leaving for school. I ran back to my room only to hear the doorbell ring. I ran back downstairs and opened it to see Lucas standing there. "We need to go to Mike's stat" He told me. "Right now?! But I am still wearing pyjamas" I explained to him. "Who cares. Just get your bag and lets go!" He yelled. I quickly grabbed my fanny pack which was right next to the door and ran outside. I hopped on my bike and followed Lucas as we rode to Mike's house.

When we got there Dustin was already standing outside waiting for us. The three of us walked inside and went downstairs to Mike. We sat down on the floor with Eleven played with Mikes supercom a little. "We keep losing signal. But you heard it right?" Mike asked us as we sat in front of Eleven on the ground. I heard a faint whimper from the supercom. It sounded like Will. "Yeah, I heard a baby" Lucas looked at Mike. "What?" Mike asked him. "Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns next door" Lucas answered back. "Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? It was Will" Mike sounded a little annoyed. "Mike" Lucas was interrupted by Mike "Lucas you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words. He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!" "Oh well if the weirdo heard him then I guess" Lucss spoke. "Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin asked. "I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, she's channeling him" Mike looked at El then the rest of us. "Like.. like Professor X" Dustin chimed in. Mike nodded and I rolled my eyes a little. "Are actually believing this crap?" Lucas asked Dustin who replied with "I don't know. I mean... Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that" I nodded a little agreeing with him. "Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead" Lucas explained to us. We sat in silent for a moment before Dustin spoke "Well maybe its his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us". I looked at him like he was an idiot. "Its not his ghost" I told him. "How do you know that?" Lucas looked at me "I just do!" I looked at him. "Then what was in that water?" He raised his voice a little. "I don't know!" I raised my voice as well. "All I know is that Will is alive. Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him" I explained lowering my voice a little. Lucas looked at me like I was crazy and El started to play with Mike's supercom again. "This isn't going to work. We need to get El to a stronger radio" Mike said. "Mr. Clarke's Heathkit ham shack" Dustin suggested and Mike and I nodded. "The Heathkit's at school. There is no way we're going to get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing. I mean look at her" Lucas said and we all looked at Eleven.

Mike and I ran upstairs with Eleven and ran into Nancy's room. Eleven sat on Nancy's bed facing me and Mike got her makeup. He placed it in between El and I and I opened it up. "You know how to do makeup?" Mike asked me. I nodded "My dad's taught me how to do makeup saying that it is a good skill to have" I looked at him before pulling out blush and a brush out of Nancy's makeup kit. El leaned in a little closer to me and I put the brush up to her face and started applying it to her face. She looked at me kind of weird and moved back a little but soon was ok with it. When I finished with the blush I took some tinted lip balm out of Nancy's makeup and carefully applied it to El's lips. When I finished Dustin and Lucas came into Mike's room with a pink dress and a blonde wig. Dustin, Lucas, Mike and I left the room so Eleven could get changed. She slowly opened the door to reveal herself. "Wow. She looks.." Dustin was interrupted by Mike "Pretty.. good. You look pretty good." She walked over to the mirror in the hall and looked at herself "Pretty.. Good" She spoke in her quiet voice, taking a deep breath.

We rode our bikes quietly to the school, Mike and El slightly in front of the rest of us. When we arrived we all parked our bikes outside the school and went inside. "Okay, remember if anyone sees us look sad" Mike said just before an announcement came over the loud speaker. I didn't hear any of it as I was too focused on other things. El looked at me and I ran my pointer fingers down my face to represent tears and she rubbed her eyes like she had been crying and I nodded. The five of us walked up to the AV room and Mike tugged on the door handle a little and it didn't open. Mike gave up and backed away from the door a little "It's locked." "What?" Lucad tried to open the door. "Hey do you think you can open it? With your powers?" Dustin looked at El and before she could answer Mr. Clarke approached us. "Boys?" He asked and we all turned around to face him. "Assembly's about to start" He told us. "We know. We're just you know" Mike started. "Upset" I finished making myself fake cry. "Yeah, definitely upset" Dustin added. "We need some alone time.." Mike told Mr. Clarke. "To cry" Dustin said kind of sounding like it was a question. "Yeah listen, I get it. I do. I know how hard this is but let's just be there for Will huh?" Mr. Clarke told us and Dustin nodded a little. "And then, the Heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. What do you say?" Mr. Clarke threw the AV room keys to Mike. "I don't believe we've met. What's your name?" He looked at El. "Eleve-" So started soon to be cut off by Mike "Eleanor, she's my uh.." "Cousin" Lucas yelled. "Second cousin" Dustin spoke holding up two fingers. "She's here for Will funeral" I added. "Ah well, welcome to Hawkins Middle Eleanor. Wish you were here under better circumstances" Mr. Clarke looked at El again. "Thank you" She replied in her soft voice. "Uh where are you from exactly?" Mr. Clarke asked her. "Bad place" El told him. "Sweden. She's from Sweden" I interrupted. "I have a lot of Swedish family" Mike told Mr. Clarke. "She hates it there" Dustin added. "Cold" Lucas spoke. "Subzero" Dustin looked up at Mr. Clarke. "Shall we?" Mr. Clarke asked pointing to the gym. "Yup" Lucas nodded and we all walked to the gym.

Word Count: 1394