Chapter 5: X-Men or Green Lantern?

Peter's Pov:

"We'll just tell our parents we have AV club afted school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood." Mike told us as we stood around the table. "You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asked Mike. "Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike looked at Lucas and he answered "Okay." "Did you get the supplies?" He asked Lucas as he pulled his bag from the ground "Yeah. Binoculars... From 'Nam, Army knife... also from 'Nam, Hammer, Camouflage bandana... And the wrist rocket." You're going to take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin questioned Lucas. Lucas looked at him

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm going to shoot it in the eye" He pretended to shoot something with his 'Wrist rocket' and it scared the rest of is a little. "And blind it" Lucas continued. Mike sighed a little and turned to Me "Peter, what about you?" I picked up my bag and put it on the table. "I have band-aids, bug spray, an inhaler for myself and an extra one just in case, rubbing alcohol, calamine lotion, cotton balls and hand sanitizer" I finished only to have the rest of the boys roll their eyes. "Hey we need to have this stuff just in case anyone gets hurt. You will thank me later" I told them. Mike nodded a little and turned to Dustin "Dustin, what did you get?" Dustin poured out the contents of his bag. "Well, alrighty. So, we've got... Nutty bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla wafers, apple, banana, trail mix" He picked up each individual item as he told us what he got. "Seriously?" Lucas sounded annoyed

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyways? We have her" Dustin pointed to El. "She shut one door" Lucas snapped back. "With her mind. Are you kidding me that's insane. Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do" Dustin added. "Like... I bet... She could make this fly!" He grabbed Mike's
Millennium Falcon toy. He stood in front of Eleven "Okay, concentrate. Okay?" He let go and it fell to the the ground. "Okay, one more time" He picked it back up "Okay. Use your powers okay?" It hit the ground again. "Idiot" Lucas rolled his eyes. Mike picked the toy off the ground "She's not a dog." "Boys! Time for school" Mrs. Wheeler called from upstairs. We quickly grabbed our bags and coats and ran upstairs. I stood at the top of the stairs and waited for Mike while the others went outside.

The four of us dug around the grass looking for a rock for Lucas's 'wrist rocket'. Mike picked one up and showed it to Dustin "How about this one?" Dustin shook his head "Too big for the sling. So, do you think Eleven was born with her powers, like the X-Men or do you think she acquired them, like... Like the green lantern?" Dustin asked. "She's not a superhero she's a weirdo" Lucas told him. "Why does that matter? The X-Men are weirdos" Mike fought back. "If you love her so much why don't you marry her" Lucas said to Mike while Dustin and I continued looking for rocks. "What are you talking about?" Mike asked Lucas. "Mike seriously" Lucas sassed Mike. "What?" Mike questioned him. "You look at her all, like... "Hi, El! El! El! El! I love you so much. Would you marry me?"" Lucas pretended to mock Mike. "Shut up, Lucas" I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, shut up, Lucas. What are you losers doing back here?" Troy and James walked up to us. "Probably looking for their missing friend" James spoke. "That's not funny. Its serious. He's in danger" Dustin looked up at them. "I hate to break it to you toothless but he's not in danger. He's dead. That's what my dad says. He said he was probably killed by some other queer" Troy looked at me when he said queer. I boiled up in anger. I heated up and my face turned red. I refused to let myself believe that Will was killed. And I hated being called queer. Yeah, I'm gay whatever but no one knew. Troy and James laughed a little. "Come on. Just ignore them" Mike looked at me clearly seeing my bright red face. As we walked away Troy tripped Mike and he fell straight to the ground. I was just about ready to punch Troy in the face when Lucas held my wrists restraining me a little. "Watch where you're going frogface" Troy and James walked away and we ran over to help Mike up. "You all right?" Lucas asked as we pulled him off the ground. "Yeah" Mike answered touching his bleeding chin. I pulled out a band-aid, some rubbing alcohol and a tissue from my fanny pack. I used the tissue to stop Mike's chin from bleeding, then I cleaned it with some rubbing alcohol and patched it up with a band-aid. "There. Good as new" I smiled at him and Dustin picked up the rock Mike's chin hit. "How about this one?" We all nodded and chuckled a little. "Yeah this is it" Mike smiled. "Oh yeah. Yeah this is the monster killer" Lucas took the rock from Dustin.

After school we rode to the power lines behind Mikes house. When we got there I saw El standing right next to them. "El! You okay?" Mike asked her. She nodded a little. "Hop on. We only have a few hours" He patted his bike seat and they both got on. I got on mine, then Dustin got on his, then Lucas. Once we were all on our bikes we rode back away from the power lines with Lucas leading.

Word count: 1011