Chapter 10: It upset him

Peter's Pov:

I ran down the hospital halls following Joyce, Bob and the doctors. All I could hear was Will screaming and crying. When we got to the room I hid my face in Mike's shirt, scared. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. I didn't hear anything the doctors were saying, only Will's screams and cries. I sobbed into Mike's chest. I hated seeing my best friend in this much pain.

Time skipppperooooo

Joyce, Bob and Mike had left the room for a second. It was just me and asleep Will. I stood up and stood beside Will's bed. "So I know you're asleep and probably can't hear me right now but I have something I need to get off my chest. So I'm gay lets just start of with that and I love you Will. I love you so much it hurts me, Will" I told him and tears rolled down my face. I hugged his body and stood there crying until I heard someone say my name. "Peter?" The voice was soft. I turned around to see Mike standing in the door frame. I unwrapped my arms from Will and looked up at him. "How much did you hear?" I asked Mike. "I heard everything" He told me. I sighed, wiping the tears from my face and sitting down in a chair. "Hey don't be ashamed. I knew you were gay and I also knew you were in love with Will" Mike said sitting beside me. "How?" I looked at him confused. "Just by the way you looked at him and also you never seemed too interested when we talked about our girl crushes so... You're still one of my best friends though" Mike explained and I nodded a little. He hugged me tightly and I hugged back. 

I sat in the room quietly while Bob and Joyce talked and Mike and Will slept. I didn't really hear what Bob and Joyce were talking about. They talked for a few more minutes until Will woke up. "Mom?" Will mumbled and Mike woke up as well. "Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?" Joyce asked Will softly, walking over to him. Bob ran out of the room for a moment, yelled for a doctor and came back in. "Okay, they're on their way" Bob told Joyce. "Hey" Bob looked at Will. "Who is that?" Will asked Joyce, looking at Bob. "What?" She asked Will quietly. "Its me, big guy. Its Bob" Bob said and reached for Will's hand a little but Will pulled away his hand. "Are you a... doctor?" Will asked Bob. "No. No, its just me. Just... just Bob" He told him. We all looked at Will and Mike and I glanced at each other for a moment. I bit my lip a little, even more worried about Will now.

A doctor came into the room along with a few other doctors and Hopper and my dad, Harry. I hugged him tightly and he hugged back. "Are you okay?" I asked him. "Yeah. Yeah I am honey" He told me. The doctor shone a bright light into Will's eyes then put it away. "Do you know your name?" The doctor asked Will. "Will" Will replied with. "Your full name?" The doctor asked him again. "William Byers" Will said. "Do you know... do you who I am?" He asked Will another question. "A doctor" Will spoke. "Have we met before?" Another question. "I don't remember" Will said. "You don't remember me?" God, this guy asks so many questions. Will shook his head. "Okay. How about, uh... How about this guy here? Know who that is?" The doctor pointed to Mike and Mike waved a little. Will sat in silence thinking. "It's all right. Take your time" the doctor told Will. "That's my friend. Mike" Will said and Mike smiled faintly. "What about him?" The doctor pointed to me and I smiled softly at Will. "That's my best friend, Peter" Will answered. "What about me, kid? You remember me?" Hopper asked Will and Will shook his head slowly. "They tell me you helped save me and Harry last night. You remember that?" Hopper asked him another question and Will, once again, shook his head. "Do you remember anything about last night? About what happened?" The doctor asked Will. This guy asks WAY too many questions. "I remember they hurt me" Will told the doctor. "You mean the doctors?" The doctor asked. "No. The soldiers" Will said. "The soldiers hurt you?" The doctor asked him. "They shouldn't have done that. It upset him" He told the doctor. The doctor pulled out a picture of Will's drawing of the shadow monster. "You say, "upset him". Is that him?" The doctor gave the picture to Will and he nodded. "Okay, I wanna try something. Its going to seem a little odd at first, but I think it's really going to help us understand what's going on. Is that okay?" The doctor said taking the picture from Will. "Okay" Will mumbled and another doctor brought in a cart with a slimy dark thing inside of it and a torch. My eyes widened and I walked out of the room. I couldn't bear seeing my best friend in pain again. I sat outside the room and heard Will screaming from inside. Tears rolled down my cheeks and my breathing became heavy. The one day I needed my inhaler I didn't have it. Mike came out of the room and stood beside me. "Here's your fanny pack. I saw that you left it behind at Will's house so I grabbed it before you left" He handed my fanny pack to me. "Thanks Mike" I got out through heavy breaths. I pulled my inhaler out and puffed it into my mouth. I put my fanny pack around my waist and heard another scream from inside the room. When the doctor came out of the room with Joyce and Hopper, Mike and I went back inside.

Word count: 1005