Chapter 13: Bob

Peter's Pov:

Hopper and my dad came back into the room and we stood patiently inside waiting for Bob to turn the power back on. After waiting a few minutes the lights flickered on. The monitors came on and we saw Bob in the basement. "He made it" Mike mumbled, still gripping onto my hand.

"Okay, Bob, can you hear us?" Dr. Owens spoke into his walkie talkie. I didn't hear clearly what Bob said but he did say something. A couple minutes later the doors unlocked. There was a buzzing noise that went off when the doors unlocked as well. "Its open" Dr. Owens said. "Son of a bitch did it" Hopper said, smirking a little. Bob said something into his walkie talkie and I saw him start to leave the room on the monitor. I heard faint monster growls and looked at another monitor to see a demodog walking down the stairs that led to where Bob was. Dr. Owens must have notices that as well. Hopper and my dad started to leave the room but Dr. Owens stopped them. "Hold on a second, chief" He said and Hopper and my dad turned to face him. "What's wrong?" My dad asked. "West stairwell's not clear anymore" Dr. Owens told them. Bob said something into his walkie talkie and Dr. Owens quickly replied. "We've got some company" He told him. Bob said something else and Dr. Owens said "The west stairwell." "What the hell's he doing?" Dr. Owens asked. On the monitors I saw Bob go back to the computer, type some things in and then water came falling out of the sprinklers. The demodog that was in the stairwell went up the stairs. "Okay. Okay, that worked. Now get out of there. Go! Go!" Dr. Owens said to Bob. Hopper picked up Will and carried him over his shoulder. "Wait a second, Harry. Take this" Dr. Owens handed my dad a walkie talkie. "What are you doing?" My dad asked him. "Any more surprises, I'll let you know. Go. Go!" Dr. Owens told my dad and we left the room. Hopper leading, with a gun and a flashlight. Mike and I behind, hand in hand. Joyce behind us and my dad at the back. We carefully made our way downstairs and to the front door. We all went outside except for Joyce and I went back inside to see why. "Joyce are you coming?" I asked her. "Come on, Bob. Come on" She mumbled. I stood by her side and waited patiently with her knowing that it might be a good idea to. Bob burst through the door, panting heavily. There was a monster growling and jumping at the door. "Bob. Bob" Joyce said, smiling a little. Bob smiled back at her and then the monster came flying on to him knocking him to the ground. I ran over to him and started trying to kick the demodog off of Bob. "Get off of him, you sick, ugly bastard!" I screamed but instead of it getting off of Bob, it bit my leg causing me to fall to the ground, screaming and crying. I tried to crawl away from it as it started to claw at Bob, causing blood to go on the floor and Joyce to scream loudly. Hopper came back inside seeing me on the floor, crying and screaming in pain and Joyce screaming in fear and sadness. Hopper tried to shoot the demodog but it just caused more to come from another direction. Hopper picked me up off the ground "Lets go!" He yelled at Joyce and basically dragged her out of the building. She was still screaming and crying and so was I. "What happened?" Mike asked seeing the states that Joyce and I were in. The demodogs pounced at the door, causing it to crack a little but not break. A car honked and Jonathan pulled up in front of the lab. 

"Come on! Get in!" He yelled. My dad carried Will and got inside Jonathan's car along with Joyce and Mike. I on the other hand stayed with Hopper. He carried me, still crying and screaming in pain to his car and he got inside. I was slung over his shoulder and he drove quickly following Jonathan away from the lab. As we drove to the front gate there was a group of people, no not just any group of people. It was Lucas, Max, Dustin and Steve. Hopper stopped the car "Lets go" He said to them and they got inside the car. Lucas, Max and Dustin got in the back and Steve sat in the passengers seat. Before driving away Hopper put me in Steve's lap. "Take your brother" Hopper said. I wrapped my arms around Steve's neck and he held me carefully as I cried into his shirt.

Word count: 812