Chapter 65

David slotted himself behind Amelia, Jack and Ella, as they made their way towards the 'plus' lounges. David, Amelia and Jack knew they could have hot meals and cold snacks throughout the journey, but this was a new experience for Ella. She had never taken the Interisland ferry before.

Jack found their lounge and found a table for the four.

"Ready to order?" Jack asked when he noticed that David and Ella just avoided their gazes.

"Sorry?" David looked up.

"I asked if you were ready to order!" Jack frowned at his brother. "Refreshment, you know, coffee?" He reminded David when David continued to look vacant.

"Yeah, of course" David scowled.

"Ella?"

"Latte please." She replied softly.

"Something to eat?" Jack asked quietly. Something was wrong. Jack looked over at Amelia and used his head and bobbed towards David and Ella. Amelia shrugged her shoulders and raised her eyebrows when she recognised his silent message.

"No, thanks." Ella shook her head.

"Ok, I will go and order. David your normal?" David nodded. "Latte for Ella." Ella nodded. "Amelia, can you help me?"

"Yes, of course." Amelia got to her feet again. It was obvious that Jack wanted to talk to her, and Amelia wanted to talk to him. Something wasn't right. Both David and Ella were now really quiet.

David looked over at Ella after Jack and Amelia moved away from the table. "Now they are worried." He nodded at Jack and Amelia's back. He watched as his brother spoke to Amelia. Yes, it was obviously they were talking about him and Ella.

"I know." Ella huffed and threw him a grimace.

"Are you waiting for me to apologise?" He rifled his fingers through his hair. He was used to initiating sex play, but starting sex in broad daylight, in front of an audience, was new to him. He had forgotten, until he'd nibbled at her earlobe, just how much of a jolt she gave his system.

"For what?" Ella gave him what she considered her haughtiest look.

David narrowed his eyes. Her tone was something he'd deal with in due course. He waited for Ella's response. Ella folded her arms. Seconds elapsed. Eventually she said, "No."

"No, what?" His lips twitched as he went to tweak her tail, again.

"No, I am not waiting for an apology." Her eyes flashed a warning at David.

That was followed by seconds of silence.

Eventually David barked, "Fuck! I am not sure why you are upset about a tiny peck of a kiss." But he remembered he'd lost all thought processes during that kiss and that his penis throbbed with the need to take. He was close to coming. How? How could a simple kiss, a kiss on her earlobe could detonate an orgasm? It was one of the most embarrassing moments in his life, one impulsive kiss.

Ella nearly growled at him. A tiny peck of a kiss? She nearly yelled. A kiss that robbed her poise. She'd lost control. He had taken her earlobe into his mouth and her restraint vanished in a blink. What happened to self-discipline? What happened to her willpower? Hardly a tiny kiss. Let alone a peck.

David continued, "You know we have to pretend. We have to touch." Ella rolled her eyes. "If you are going to scupper Ben's plan, you had better tell Jack and Ames."

Ella narrowed her lips, "You can't use that as an excuse to persecute me! Yes, I understand this plan includes a charade, but it does not give you permission to kiss me whenever it suits you! And for your information, what you call a tiny, peck of a kiss, doesn't describe your kiss!"

"What? Ok, how would you describe it?" Not a good idea. His body geared up instantly.

"You nibbled on my ear-lobe!" She glared. And as that memory resurfaced, it reminded her about that kiss. A glimpse of heaven. That was the problem. His tongue had licked at her earlobe and it reduced her to soppiness. How could a kiss, a kiss that David labelled tiny and a peck of a kiss, could hardened her nipples? How could his teeth, his lips and mouth can result in an explosion? An explosion that hurtle through her, from the top of her head to the soles of her feet? How dare he label that explosion, a tiny, peck of a kiss?

David laughed aloud. But his laugh had no humour. He recognised he was wrong in his description of that kiss, but he was not about to confess. The problem was that talking about that kiss, showed that the memory of that kiss had an impact. He was lucky their table hid his erect penis. Which explained why his laugh was his best option. His heart hammered, his penis was stiff and the constraint of his jeans did nothing to help his condition.

At the counter, Jack and Amelia who was ordering their coffee, turned around when they heard David laugh.

"Well, at least they are laughing." Jack said and turned around to complete their order for coffee.

Amelia was still watching David and Ella, because Amelia wasn't sure about their body language. Ella was glowering at David and David was sneering. Sneering, Amelia question silently, no, it wasn't just sneering. It was just a shame that she didn't know David's expressions. Was he sneering or hiding something?

Back at the table, David said firmly, "Exactly. A nibble. A tiny, peck of a kiss." If only he could stop thinking about that kiss. His erection had yet to abate. And if he didn't, he would be even more uncomfortable and probably embarrassed.

Ella's spine straightened up. "Well, with all due respect, keep your nibbles to yourself!"

David laughed again and folded his arms.

"Otherwise you will scupper Ben's plan." Ella looked away and continued to fume.

A few minutes later, Jack and Amelia placed the coffees and pastries and then settled in for the trip. Jack looked over at Amelia with a question in his eyes. Amelia raised her shoulders. She had no idea what had happened here, so she went for blunt, "Everything ok?"

"Yes." Ella said with no intonation. She didn't want to look at Amelia, because she was sure that Amelia would have other questions.

"Yes." David agreed quietly and did not look at his brother.

Jack rubbed his jaw, and then said firmly, "You guys do remember the plan." It wasn't a question.

"Yes. Jack. We. Know." David growled.

Jack shook his head. "Fine." He lifted his mug and sipped. This plan was going to be difficult. Amelia and Jack shared a look. Neither knew what was going on with David and Ella. But they had no option. So Amelia and Jack carry on the conversation; reminiscing about the trip, the fact that Amelia on that previous outward trip she had stayed on the deck with Ben, and that it had bothered Jack. It was the moment on that outward trip when Jack recognised the fact that he was really jealous of Ben.
Jack looked over at David as Jack took a seat beside Ella , and Jack thought he recognised jealousy in David's eyes.