Chapter 76

A touch of his lips on her lips: Firm masculine lips touched soft, warm, quivering feminine lips. With a slow but deliberate brushing action, his tongue sneaked into her mouth, and started to explore her mouth, tenderly at first. It resulted in nuclear. That's all it took.

Ella stood on her toes, lifted her arms, linked her fingers behind his head while he banded an arm around her waist, with his hand cradling her head. The kiss became intimate, tormenting and softly invasive. Her tongue reciprocated his every move. David groaned. He tightened his grip, hauling her closer. Her tongue met and matched every movement his tongue made. Gentle could be nuclear, because it fried every nerve.  He mumbled something she didn't hear but he hauled her to him, crushing her to him. He grabbed her waist. Both arms were banded around her. Defences crumbled. Ella moaned softly, her legs stopped carrying her. Her heart hammered loudly in her ears. Everything vanished, just the sensation; his lips on her lips, she reciprocated his every move.

Ella reached up on tiptoe, leaned in and curled her hand around David's neck. Her other hand was on his shoulder, grabbing hold, just to keep her balance. She opened her mouth, to deepen the kiss he had initiated, and everything lit up. David shuddered, trembled, in surprise, as Ella put all she knew into that kiss. There had been no illusion of control. Seconds ticked by and the kiss developed. Just for a second, there was a pause, when their eyes opened and looked at each other.  Eyes wide. Mystified. Entranced. Delighted.  For just that explosive second, the physical attraction was clear to view. The pause was diminutive, just enough to draw breath, before they resumed the kiss.

Possessively, David locked Ella to him. His arms fastened around her waist and she tipped her head back to receive his kiss. Swiftly his lips found his target, his lips gently worked her mouth. He ran his hands lightly from her waist down to her butt, before one hand moved back up her back, to her waist, and to the side of her breast. Her breast flattened against his chest and he felt the hard points of her nipple. It incited him even more. Ella sucked in a breath as he lightly brushed a taut nipple. The sensation shot straight to her heart and her mind. Taking satisfaction in her sigh of pleasure, he kept caressing. He feathered one hand over the gentle curve of her hip and settled on her butt, while his other hand stroked her breast. She made a soft sound. She trembled. A primitive satisfaction took hold of him as she moaned low in her throat and became intensely aware of her scent. She clutched the back of his shirt with fisted hands, her lips were warm and firm, giving and getting.

A tremor swept over her body. She met him boldly with her tongue. Gliding and caressing, close to imitating sex. David nipped at her lower lip. She could feel the throb in each individual pulse points in her body. He slanted his mouth over her lips, his tongue astute and aggressive. He slid his tongue against hers, tasting her desire. Ella rested her full weight against David, as she opened her mouth and slanted it against his, making the kiss deeper. Duelling. Wetter. Challenging. Not enough. Not yet. David's body stiffened, Ella's lips softened and David plunged his tongue inside her mouth. She returned that kiss with enthusiasm.

David wished they didn't have material between them. He could feel her body, humming with pleasure. He didn't have to be inside her to have her on the brink of coming.

But then he heard something. Eventually he pulled away. "Gabriella," his lips hugged hers like a promise, he waited for her eyes to make contact, "I think that is the door." The knock on the door finally registered in his head. He brushed a finger across her cheek.

"What?" She opened her eyes wide.

David told laconically her, "the door," steadying her as he disengaged. Their eyes met.

She stared at him. "What?" She asked quietly.

His reply was equally gentle, "The knock on the door." He watched her face carefully. How he changed his manner by fluctuating his body and lightening the tone of his voice, was something that Ella was going to think about. And she thought she could cultivate it for her purposes. "Probably room service." He wondered if he looked like her, lips swollen, eyes still glazed with passion, breathing fast. "And Ella," David waited for her to lifted her eyes, her face was so expressive, he said soberly, "next time, we'll finish what we start." He was really tempted. He thought he needed to work on his timing, as seducing her, on this trip was not a good idea.

The eyes met. "Oh." Ella said softly her pulse skittered. Her eyes told him this was not a good idea. Which 'next' time? She was going to leave, she reminded herself. In a few hours they'd go their separate ways. Her knee-jerk reaction to him, was the same now as it had been the first time she'd laid eyes on him. But now, she knew this knee-jerk reaction was not transient.

David looked over at the door, when he heard the loud knock again. "We need to get that."

Ella nodded. "Yes. Of course." Ella was surprised to find that her hands were still linked behind his head. Ella was far from calm. "Room service." Still numb from the shock of their kiss. She finally acknowledged, this was a significant event in her life. She was struck by a thunderbolt because she realised that loving him was never going to stop. She really loved him. Not a flash in the pan emotion, a life-long-love.

"I'll get the door." David said, and gently moved her away from him.

"Oh, yes, yes, of course."

But just before he could move, his phone rang.

Ella blinked. What was that, she wondered, then realised that it was David's phone.

David reached for his mobile phone in his pocket. David recognised the tone, he switched it on, "Hi Jack..."