Chapter 95

Being together, making love, was beyond anticipation, despite the fact they have made love over and over. It always felt unique while feeling like they were coming home. That it was meant to be. It didn't matter if it was innovative, inventive, creative, it felt right. So, so, right.

Ella knew when they make love, David would always ensure that she was pleasured. She knew, his actions made sure his needs came second. What she didn't know, was that when David focused on her needs and wants, it buoyed his own needs and wants. Her reactions fulfilled his wishes. Her reactions gave him pleasure. And her reactions spurred his orgasm.

David breathed hard as he braced on his forearms. Then he slowly withdrew, moving almost completely out of her. That stimulation suited him and her. Temptation. Enticement. Inducement. A summons to escalate their climax. David re-entered, slowly, as possible. Over and over he withdrew and re-entered. Her mewling, him panting.

She could tell from the corded muscles in his neck that he was working hard to control the pace and the thrust. Then, just when she thought he was going to keep to this pace, he reached for her shoulders, clamped both hands on either side of her and began to thrust hard and fast. If it hadn't been for his hands holding her in place, his actions would have sent her body pounding up the bed.

"Gaby." He gritted. "Lock your legs around me." He told her as he once again began to thrust slowly. She did. She took a breath, adjusted their fit. And once she had locked her ankles he stepped up the tempo again. With one hand still holding her shoulder, he used his other hand to reach between them to find the tiny bunch of nerves. He thrust, moving his torso over her belly, his palm buried between their bodies, while his fingers rubbed against her. Her response was to tighten her legs around his waist, forcing him closer.

Thrashing, mewling, she kept grinding her body against him. "Open your eyes." He gritted as he felt himself ready to explode. Close to his peak. "Sweetheart, look at me." He pounded. Slowed. Stopped. Retracted. Braced. Once, twice repeated the pattern.

Seconds later they came.

He collapsed on her. Breathing hard. Sweating profusely. Hearts hammering loudly. "Am I too heavy?" He mumbled into her neck.

"Not yet." She mumbled back as her fingers absently stroked his back.

Slowly they came back down. "Are you ok?" He withdrew slowly and rolled onto his side, tugging the duvet tightly around the two of them.

"Yes. Good." She murmured, glancing up at him, as they both lay facing each other

He laughed. Weakly. "Only you." She smiled.

"Gaby, are you coming back with me?"

"Yes."

"When?" He demanded quietly. "Because if it's going to take more than a few weeks, I'm moving up here."

After what seemed like a long period of silence she turned her head, "You'd do that?"

"Hell yeah!"

"What about your work?"

"I'll resign, I can't get another job. In any case, I can manage, we will have enough, as I am a silent partner with Jack's business..."

"But..."

"Gaby, I want you in my life. I don't want weekend sex." He laughed without any humour, "That's not true. I do want weekend sex, but more than that I want you."

"Don't you think we are rushing things?"

"Ten years is not rushing things!" He growled.

"What if it's wrong?"

"It isn't."

"You can't guarantee that."

"No, I can't." He rolled to face her, "But if you don't give us a chance, we will be throwing away what I've dreamed about for years."

"And what's that?"

"Some one to grow old with. Someone who understands me. Who'd go into bat for me. Who cares for me."

"Are you certain that you know me."

"What?" He asked in complete disbelief. "You can question that after this?"

"That was sex. You don't know me." She sighed. "You don't even know what my favourite colour is. What I like to read. Whether I sing in the shower..."

"That's the trivia. I will spend a lifetime learning about the trivia. I love you. I love you. You the person who helped Amelia come out of her shell and become more confident. The person who gave Evie money to find a way to do what she wanted. The woman who helped Mallory and Greg. And your friend Regan, you've helped her juggle her career as a doctor with managing a dilapidated farm. You, the confusing mixture of vulnerability and temperamental diva. With your sheer bullheadedness and unstinting tenderness. You the girl ten years ago who held my hand, you the girl who made me laugh, while they dealt with a minor injury. You the woman so desperate not to give guys the wrong impression, not to lead them on, you play the ice maiden. When I spoke to your father about you, he knew I loved you. You. You, the beautiful, passionate woman who exploded like fireworks in my arms when we make love. I love you."

Silence. He looked at her. She looked at him. Awe. Wonder. Hope. Happiness.

He wanted to push his advantage by touching her, but he refrained, instead he pleaded. "Please, Gaby. Give this a go."

"I don't think we should live together." She said after an eternity.

He nodded. "Meaning?"

"What do you mean?"

"What are your other terms and conditions?"

She shrugged. "I don't know." She shrugged again. "I just think we should take things slowly."

"Ok. But we are exclusive. No dating other people."

"Of course!"

"So when will you come back?"

"I'll see if I can rent close to you."

"Stay with Jack and Ames."

"No. They're still settling in together."

"I suppose Evie and Seth are out of the question."

Ella nodded. "I can move back into the holiday home."

"Good." He muttered. Then he smiled, "Ok. Resume service?"

"Resume service?" She frowned, "What do you mean?"

He grinned. Then he leaned over. He lavished each breast with kisses, tugs, licks.

"Ah, service." She giggled.

Slowly he made his way to her mouth. Deftly, as he kissed her on the mouth, his fingers began to delve. "Open sweetheart." He murmured against her lips, waited for her trembling legs to spread. He inserted two fingers while his thumb continued to brush and flick at the tiny pink bundle. She mewled as her legs scissored around his hand, clamping him to her. He used his upper body to keep her pinned, as his mouth and tongue mimicked the behaviour of his fingers. He increased the tempo.

She moaned. "David, now please." Thrashing. "Now."

He straightened his fingers withdrew, and then thrust, quickly, hard, high.

"Oh, ohh. Yesss. Nowww." His fingers were clamped by the spasms that contracted her inner walls.

He felt her body stiffen for a second just before she came. He peeled away to watch her while he increased the tempo and curled the tips of his fingers and felt her response immediately. Her eyes rolled, her chest arched, and she screamed.