Chapter 88

The door had barely closed behind her when she found herself spun round and hauled into his arms. Of course she'd known he was not happy with her behaviour, she could see it in his eyes. But the kiss was blistering, incendiary, and unrelenting.

"What are you so angry about?" She demanded breathlessly when they came up for air. He did not say anything. Ella sighed, She asked in a voice that was husky and rough with passion, "Why aren't you happy?"

He reached for her head, clasped it between his hands and angled her to receive a kiss. "Why?" He mumbled, as he mouthed her jaw line, "Why fuck me, then run off to that idiot?" His words communicated the desolate frustration he felt.

But Ella shrieked in outrage and shoved at him with enough strength to have him back against the door. She tried to reach past him, "Leave. You told Rory you loved me and you said you knew I loved you, and you have the gall to say that I ran off with Rory! Come back when you find your brain!"

He ran a hand down the side of her dress, and felt her instant response, "Does he make you feel like this?" He retorted with all the insolence she'd have expected from him. His lips pushed against one of the shoestring straps.

Ella's heart raced. Slowly, almost without conscious volition she moved her head nearer. The dress slid wantonly off one shoulder, David's lips followed the skin he'd bared, and his hand reached round to find the zipper. "I'm going to make you forget him." He stated hoarsely, "Every bloody thing about him."

As the dress pooled around her waist he lowered his head and nuzzled one already tightly budded nipple. Ella mewled. As if it was a signal he picked her up and carried her toward the double bed. Her breath whispered across the receptive skin below his earlobe. Her lips rubbed where her breath had teased.

He pleaded in hoarse whisper, "Get undressed." His heart hammered, his voice literally guttural, "Gaby, get undressed." He told her as he shucked off his shoes, discarded his jacket and began to make light work of his trousers and shirt. A few seconds later, naked he turned to find her watching him, but still wearing her knickers. "I said, get undressed."

But his actions didn't help, as her fingers were busy because he reached with both hands for her head, while her fingers threaded through his hair. David's hands held her still while he made love to her mouth. Her fingers massaged his scalp as she instinctively opened her mouth. Her tongue and her teeth grazed his lips. It was difficult to see who had control. They licked, nuzzled until they were dizzy. It is easy to see why the Kama Sutra has an entire chapter about kissing. When David broke contact with her lips and began to press hard hot lips against her throat, sucking and biting as he went, Ella's fingers fisted in his hair and she tugged his head until he was looking at her. He lifted his mouth away from her overheated skin and looked at her in confusion.

She looked him in the eye. "I've only been with you." She held his gaze.

All he saw was honesty in her eyes, but he still asked, "What about blondie?" He growled quietly, despite seeing the openness, the sincerity in her eyes. "He wants you."

She pushed against David's chest and stepped out of his embrace. "Rory?" She took a few steps away.

David nodded and grated, "Your date."

Ella said quietly, "He's Sheila's cousin." Her rapid breathing steadied as their conversation subdued their innermost wish. Of course, she knew they would make love, but at the moment, they were focused on her date. "He only arrived last night. He's..."

David interrupted, "He wants you."

She looked over her shoulder. "No. Rory doesn't." The glare she threw in his direction almost stopped David advancing further.

"You can't be that blind sweetheart." David's anger re emerged as he remembered the way Rory had constantly touched her. A stroke of her shoulder, a hand hold, twirling a strand of her hair, an arm draped along her waist, a peck on her cheek. The list went on, and that was just one evening. No man had the right to touch her. David came and stood beside. "He was trying to seduce you this evening."

"He was being kind."

He raised his eyebrows at her tone. "Fuck that!" David growled in exasperation. "He wanted in your knickers."

He saw the anger ignite in her eyes, saw that his crudeness had sparked the temper he knew she had. "And you don't?"

David floundered as her sincerity and fury came through. "I want more than that." David swore softly. "Did he tell you he loved you?" His chest rose and fell, a mixture of anger and the need to refuel his lungs with oxygen. His frustration fairly vibrated through him. He felt as if he was on a rollercoaster, anger, frustration, pleased, fortunate. But he was not happy that she was here with Rory.

"Of course not! I only met him today!" Her eyes flashed angrily. Then she remembered what David said, that he was in love with me, and I was in love with him. Again she ran the sentence through her mind. Yes he did say that, but he didn't tell her, not directly. He said that just to upset Rory.

Taking a deep breath, David said "Gaby, you know we are good."

"You have been grouchy!" She was thinking out aloud, still think about the fact he hadn't told her directly that he loved her. Perhaps she should remind him. And perhaps she could tell him that she loved him. But didn't know how to tell him. She mumbled, "I think you want me." Unabashed, she blurted it out. "Desperately!" Her heart hammered. "But, honestly, it looks like just lust! I know you can have anyone." She laughed nervously.

"Lust?" David remonstrated and flashed Ella a speaking glance. He said without even looking away. "And yes, Gaby, I can probably pick up anyone to stand beside me!" Ella glared at him. "But I realized that I don't want to. I just want to be with you." He took a breath. "I want to talk to you." He smiled, "But.."

"But?"

She could sense the struggle he faced as he tried to hold on to his frustration and his irritation. "We make love first, because I need my brain, and at the moment, my brain is in my dick!"

Her eyes wide in amazement, her lips twitched, then she grinned as she banked her laughter.

He pulled her closer. "Gaby, this is no laughing matter!" He stated emphatically as he came closer. Her grin grew wider until he said, "I don't want to just sleep with you Gaby...."

She interrupted, "You said..

"See, this is what I mean. I'm the most logical person in my family but when it comes to telling you how I feel, my brain is scrambled" He swore profusely, then muttered, "Yes, I want us to make love, right now, because my scrambled brain is managed by my dick."

She smiled again.

"But I was just about to tell you, again, that we needed to talk." He mumbled into her hair.

She tipped her head back to look up at him, "And you want to make love, right now."

His hands cradled her head and he feathered his fingers through her silky strands, "Yes." His lips moved to within a hair's breath of her lips. "But afterwards, we need to talk!"