She's Not Me

Ronan was thinking over what Fred had said, just before he left to return to SSFC. He could see the disappointment in the older man's face when he told him that he had to go alone.

     Fred was a strange one, although in his line of work, Ronan was used to meeting all types of characters. But his question, captured his interest.

     He would have to discuss it further with MEDA.

     First things first. He had to see what the Hell Darion was up to.

     Just the thought of seeing Arraya again had his stomach tied in a knot. A scattering of images of her face and her different expressions, replayed in his head.

     In a way she reminded him of Tarlia.

     He remembered reading the paragraphs in Arraya's book about his feelings towards Tarlia, that had disturbed him greatly. They had left him feeling vulnerable. It was difficult seeing his raw emotions displayed in words for all to see.

     " ... She was frustrating him to no end. What cruel twist of fate brought them together? From the first moment he saw Tarlia, he knew she was trouble with a capital T.... And yet she enticed him like no other woman had.

     Every sensual movement bewitching him. The way her alluring face softened as her eyes slowly closed just before he kissed her. Her passion, so alive and demanding. Tarlia had become entrenched in his heart. 

     From her glorious blonde curls, beguiling blue eyes, generous full lips, to her voluptuous body which fit so perfectly within his arms.

     Their united worlds defied all boundaries. Their souls were entwined from the beginning- a love-hate relationship. 

     Together they were unstoppable. If they didn't kill each other first...."

     To have Arraya writing these personal words, displaying his thoughts, his feelings. Left him feeling daunted about meeting her, again.

     "She's not me". The three words had tormented him since that night.

     Could she be referring to Tarlia? Oh Man, this is too weird. He pushed his hand through his hair. Grasping the back of his neck.

     How could he be contemplating that the writer cared for him and was jealous of the female lead in her own book? A book that she willingly wrote. Capturing their passion in the true meaning of romance, as both Tarlia and himself fell in love.

     He cared deeply for Tarlia. But he didn't love her in the same way he had, at first. Not since he saw Arraya.

     'She's not me.'

*****

     Nothing looked out of the ordinary when he arrived outside the large, grey, single-story building.

     Built on a plateau, it blended so well with its surroundings that most people didn't even notice it was there.

     Twelve-foot, double wooden doors automatically opened at the end of the small, stylish third reception area - as the first two were decoys for any uninvited guests - welcoming him into a tropical paradise.

     Everywhere you looked, rare, exotic plants adorned every surface. Even the office furniture, ceiling and walls were covered with cultivated foliage.

     In the centre was an impressive, tiered fountain just below a large vented circular skylight.

     The building itself was made from a special molecular organic compound that allowed the GALSYR to instantly recreate any room or floor to suit their needs.