Meet Your Destiny

The last person Arraya expected to see on opening the door, was Fred,  looking for Ronan.

     "He's just left." Sadness shadowed her posture and tearstained face.

     Arrarya had been so surprised when Ronan had declared his love, words had failed her. And in those last fleeting moments she was so enraptured by his kiss that she'd almost forgotten to breath.

     For a brief moment, she was allowed to live the dream. Experience what it was like to have the one she loved, love her in return. Knowing that his every touch, caress, would have to last her a lifetime.

     A lifetime of loneliness. But worth every single minute.

     "I came to give him this." Fred held up his hand.

     She recognised the translocator remote that she'd created for SSFC.

     "How did you get it?" Arrarya asked excitedly.

     "That Darion fellow dropped it before he disappeared. I forgot to give it to Ronan, last night."

     A raucous was heard from the study. Arraya went to investigate, with Fred in tow.

     Two men in the midst of throwing books onto the floor, stopped when they saw her.

     "Get her!"

     "Run!" Arraya shouted to Fred, turn tailing before running out of the house.

     "Who are your friends?" Fred called out, almost overtaking her, as he glanced behind to see the men were close behind them.

     "Darion's henchmen, I think. Give me that remote."

     Like in a relay race, Fred passed the remote to Arraya.

     "Grab my hand."

     The two men had them both within reach, only to see them vanish into thin air.

     ******

     "You can let go now, Fred." He was squeezing her hand so tight it was cutting off the circulation.

     This time, translocating was a breeze for Arraya.

     Unfortunately, not so for Fred, who was still trying to keep his dinner down.

     "Arraya, could both of you please stand still?"

     "You'll feel better if you lie down," She suggested, after seeing the bed to their right.

     "I would but, the floor keeps on moving." Fred collapsed. "Why is it so hot?"

     He was really having a hard time.

     Looking around, Arraya couldn't believe it. They were in one of the GALSYR testing chambers. Just as she'd designed it, including all the innovative, botanical equipment. It was amazing to see it in operation, for real. Especially the interaction with the hybrid plants.

     A glowing soft green, organic vision caught their attention as it floated towards them.

     "So exquisite..." In awe, Fred stared, mouth wide open, eyes bulging with excitement.

     Arraya knew the prime GALSYR could transform into any shape. Her ethereal being, the true essence of beauty.

      "You're late my dear. We expected you several hours ago" The harmonious voice exclaimed.

      "You did?" Arraya was surprised.

     "Fred, we have been looking forward to meeting you for some time now. Welcome home. Here, your presence will always be valued." Fred was speechless. His eyes watering.

     "Now that our book has been returned, all fighting has ceased. Peace reigns once more."

     "Your book?" Arraya was confused.

     "Your Journal. How else was SSFC to be created? SSFC will now become the elite command centre we have envisioned, all because of you.  Arraya, you have done us proud." The GALSYR looked on her with such affection. 

     Arraya could feel her body cloaked in  ... what she could only describe as ...the tenderness of  love, like between a mother and her child.

     "You gave us life, my dear, just as we intended. Now it is your turn."

     Fred was happily being escorted to another chamber. "Lead on. How can I possibly refuse  to a dream I never want to end." Arraya heard him reply.

     "Are you ready now, to meet your destiny? Your soulmate?"  The soft words floated around her as the GALSYR moved  closer.

     "He was bound to you from your first turn of the key.  We just knew you would be perfect for each other."

     Destiny? Soulmate? Did she mean Ronan?  She was having problems concentrating as a wave of drowsiness took hold.

     "Please sit on the bed."

     "Why?" Arraya yawned, sitting before she realised she'd even moved.

     "So we can begin, of course."

     Her eyes fought to stay open.

     "Begin?" Her voice sounded so far away.

     "The adventure of a lifetime..."