It Was Time

Arraya closed her eyes as she revelled in the feel of his mouth, savouring his expertise as he took control of the dance of emotions running up and down her spine. He invited, not plundered.

     Ronan seemed to know when she needed more and deepened the kiss. Fully arousing both their senses. Taking her to a whole new level of ecstasy.

     The sensual union of their lips took on a new life as the chemistry exploded within. Their intense passion was strong and powerful as it spiralled out of control. Peeling away the last layer of  hidden emotion, their need for each other displayed in its rawest form.

     Left breathlessly hanging on to each other. She placed her arms around his neck.

     'Ronan, Darion's men are in the SSFC Building. You have to get Arraya to activate the book now. We've run out of time.'

     Arraya could see his attention was elsewhere and assumed he was conversing with MEDA.

     'Gloria says for you to get back here with the book, pronto.'

     Ronan didn't have to say anything. Arraya could tell by his forlorn expression.

     "SSFC is under attack. Gloria's called all agents in. She wants the book activated and returned with me." The words hung heavily between them as Ronan held onto her tightly, afraid to let go.

     He was shaking in her arms.

     With tears streaming down her cheek, she held on with dear life.

     Just the thought of never seeing Ronan again, was more than she could bare.

     Finally, he loosened his hold. She knew.

     It was time.

     Arraya looked at him with love and understanding, trying to be brave for both of them.

     She got up held her hand out; solemnly he grabbed it and they walked into the study together, for the last time.

     She placed the mirror onto the small lock.

     "Activate this book and bind these two once more."

     With their fingers interlaced, she chanted the words Carlos had given them.

     Nothing happened.

     "That's it? No bells or whistles? Kind of disappointing really..." She looked at Ronan.

     'Ronan, we have to leave.'

     "I have to go" Heartfelt  eyes met  Arraya's.

     She'd been dreading this moment; saying 'goodbye' to Ronan.

     She could feel herself choking up.

     She put on her brightest smile. Her eyes crinkling up at the creases, even though the tears were brimming over.

*****

     Ronan took her into his arms, kissing her passionately, not wanting to let go. The haste soon turned to tenderness.

     "I love you."

     His words were but a whisper, yet it rang loud and clear in his ears. It felt right. He felt elated at finally saying what his heart had been yelling.

     "I love you Arraya." He repeated louder, kissing her possessively before holding her preciously to him.

     'Ronan, grab the journal and mirror. NOW!'

     Arraya's loving angelic face, stained with tears, alight with the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen, was the last memory he had of her as MEDA translocated them back to SSFC.