Ronan

Ronan was no longer a victim of her imagination. He had earned his place in the real world.

     He was a hero, born to defend the written word.

     Tarlia would always hold him in the highest regards even though their time together had come to a close.

     The highway of life had led them down different paths, each destined for a new life, a new adventure.

     Ronan turned quickly, tipping his hat, that roguish smile that she had come to love, teasing her just before he disappeared through the mirror surface of the portal. 

     Never to return.

     He was a free spirit. A maverick.

     He was...

     Ronan.

     She'd done it.

     She completed the story.     Hopefully it was enough.

     She didn't hesitate on the book's title.

     'RONAN'

     This one's for you.

     She felt brutally exhausted.

     When had it gotten so dark?

     Rubbing her arms, suddenly feeling the cold. She could smell the rain as she looked out the window. The dark, heavy clouds threatened to drench the neighbouring countryside at any moment.

     Looking at the clock, she had been going at it for a solid five and half hours. She was dog-tired.

     Just at that moment, Ronan walked in. She had to bite her lip from laughing. He'd removed his jacket and tie, replacing it with one of her aprons. Obviously, he'd had a losing battle with the flour, because it was all over the apron, his cheek, and in his hair.

     The heavenly aroma of roast chicken, vegetables, and apple pie filled the room as the door opened making her realize how ravenous she was.

     "Feel like stopping to have something to eat?"

     "I just finished," she beamed.

     "Really? I expected it to take longer."

     "I was amazed at how quickly I wrote it, myself. Surprising what you can do under pressure." She got stiffly off the chair and stretched; her body annoyed at being in the one position for so long.

     He linked his arm around her shoulder, his touch pleasantly showering her body with warm tingling vibes.

     She felt complete with him beside her.

     Don't get too comfortable.  Remember, you have to let him go.

     Silently, they walked into the kitchen together, each wrapped up in their own thoughts

     At the doorway, she suddenly halted.

     The kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it. Looking up at him in horror, he grinned sheepishly.

     Immediately directing her towards the dining room which was beautifully set with all her good dinner plates, cutlery and glasses and candles. How romantic. Just for the two of them.

     "I found it." Fred walked back into the open room with matches in his hand and lit the candles.

     Or not...