Chapter 2

"(y/n), wake up!" Someone shakes your shoulder.

"Whaat..." You groan, still half asleep. You have a big headache and feel like you didn't sleep at all.

"It's Friday! Move your ass, it's already quite late." Sophie yells at you, walking away. Instead of waking up, you just turn over.

"I am not going anywhere today." You shout at her, your voice echoing in your head making your headache even worse.

"Why?" Sophie hurries back to your room, worrying about you.

"I am feeling like crap. I drank too much yesterday."

"Oh, okay. Let me bring you something" With these words she walks away. In a minute she is back, standing at your bed with a glass of water and pills against the headache.

"Take this, it will help you." She passes it carefully to you and kisses your forehead.

"Get well." She smiles at you before she disappears out of the apartment. You drink a little bit of water just to wash down the pill. Then you fall back asleep.

The second time you wake up, you are greeted with silence in your apartment. You look at your mobile phone to see it is 12 o'clock. So everyone is still at school. At least you will have time for yourself. You sit up, your head still spinning a little bit but you definitely feel a lot better. You slowly walk to your small kitchen and make a tea. Tea always helps no matter if you feel depressed or if you are sick. After it is done, you grab your laptop and lie in your bed. You switch it on, sipping from your mug. You want to watch a movie, something funny what would cheer you up. You search a while on the internet until you find a perfect one. The description of the movie sounds good but you find yourself falling asleep after 20 minutes. So you give up and get another idea what you could do. You just want to make yourself sure, that you were too drunk and what you had seen yesterday didn't mean anything. So you start googling demons. You find creepy websites about Satan and these kind of things. But after a while you discover a website, which finally looks like a normal one.

There is written a lot of stuff about them. Things like as a protection use holy water or a devil trap? The picture of the devil trap looks quite complicated but also a bit funny. You find out about possessions. People, who get possessed by demons, lose control of their body, their eyes can turn into black and demons, when they don't have any body, look like a black smoke. You start to feel strange. Is this all true? Do they really exist? Even though you don't really believe it, you want to know more about all these stuff. So you start to read the whole website, about ghosts, wendigos, vampires and shapeshifters. At the end you are very confused. Where did they get all these information? You can't believe that they would make it all up, so you look at the profile of the admin. The guy looks quite normal, a bit of nerdy though. He is 55 and claims that he is a retired hunter? After even googling the guy called Henry Swalter, you stop. This doesn't make any sense! Suddenly your phone starts ringing; you reach for it and answer the call. It is just Sophie, checking in on you and asking you if you want to go with them to a cinema. You politely refuse and hang up before she has the chance to convince you to join them.

Your eyes are burning from the long research. You haven't noticed that it is already 4 o'clock in the evening. Sophie and James are gone and you have no idea what to do. So you look again at the website about the demons. Maybe if you called the guy, he would tell you if he made it up or not. You find his number quite easily, because it is written in the contact details. You nervously dial the number and listen to the sounds of your phone, biting your lower lip. On the third ringing, he picks it up.

"Hello?" He says. Suddenly you forget how to speak. What if he will think that you are a creep? So what! You won't sleep until you ask him.

"Hi." You respond after an awkward silence.

"Who is this?" He asks you. His voice sounds tired and rough.

"I-I am sorry to bother you, I just wanted to ask you something about your blog, website." You stutter.

"Oh, you actually read it? Do you like it?" He suddenly sounds very excited.

"Ahh...Yeah, you write really nice. However I wanted to ask you, where did you get this kind of information? Did you make it up?" You ask, biting your nails. He starts laughing.

"You think that I made it up?" He says between the laughs. 

"If you read my profile, you would know that I am a former hunter." Once he calms down, you finally get a normal answer.

"But I thought that these things don't exist." You say, confused.

"Ohh...so why did you call me then?"

"Ehh...well...I think that I saw something very weird so I wanted to check it on the internet and I found your website."

"What do you mean by weird?" He asks you. You don't know what to say. He is a stranger, but you can tell this shit only to him. So you tell him what you witnessed, he is quiet during your story and in the end he just says: "Visit me at 3 o'clock tomorrow at my house." And he hangs up. You stare at your phone for a moment, thinking what you should do. You don't want to visit him. Maybe he is a psychotic killer or something. But do I have a choice?

Okaay, so what do you guys think about Henry?