Chapter 4

You wake up at 11 o'clock. It is Saturday and you definitely want to visit Henry. You got to know everything about him and you want to know more. Two days ago you didn't even know about any of the monsters in the world. And today? Someone would say that you are a weirdo, nerd. But you know yours. You start to be very interested in these things. Like a lot!

You jump out of your bed and take a shower. Once you look like a human again, you grab the diary and on your way out of the apartment you shout at Sophie:"I am going out."

Before she can say anything, you run down the stairs and walk again to your car. You quickly drive to his house and eagerly knock on his door.

"Come in!" He shouts. You open the door and walk inside. But when you come to the living, you notice, that there isn't just him, but one more hunter, more precisely a female hunter. They turn to you and the woman take a look at you with a raised eyebrow.

"And who are you?" She asks you. She is black and has short black hair, looking quite harsh though.

"My-my name is (y/n). I was here yesterday; I just wanted to give you this back." You stutter and hand the journal to Henry. And then you turn on your heal and head back. You don't want to bother them.

"(Y/n), wait!" Henry exclaims. You stop and turn back to face him.

"I guess you didn't come here to just give me my journal back." He says with a question look. You hesitantly smile at him.

"I can come later; I don't want to bother you." You explain.

"You don't bother me at all. And Tamara's here just for a sec right?" He looks at the woman.

"I'll call you later." She says and leaves. Once she closes the door behind her, an awkward silence spreads between the two of you.

"So I guess you believe me now." He says, still sitting on the couch. You see it as an opportunity to sit down too, when Tamara is now gone...

"Yeah, I guess." You answer, looking into his eyes.
"Have you read all of it?"

"Yes...And I would like to know more." You add hesitantly.

"What do you want to know then?" So you start asking him questions about everything. What is it like to be a hunter? Why had he done it? Where did he get this information?

All of your questions are answered and in the end you know literally everything about him and the hunting life. You look at the clock, which are on the wall. It is already 4 o'clock in the evening. Your stomach rumbles, reminding that you haven't eaten since morning.

"I think it's quite late, so I'm gonna go." You stand up and stretch your legs.

"Ok. If you want, you can visit me later. I can teach you something." Henry offers to you.

"What do you mean?" You ask, confused.

"Well..(y/n), now you know everything theoretical. And I can teach how to fight, how to shoot...you know, there aren't many hunters in the world and every single one is priceless." He smiles at you. Me? And a hunter?

"Ah...thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass." You say quickly and head out of the apartment. He doesn't answer you, so you just leave without saying goodbye.

You kind of get lost on the way back, because you aren't really paying attention where you are going. You are thinking about what Henry told you. Could I be a hunter? Save people and hunt things? But what about college? What about Sophie? What about my family?

When you realise that you are in an odd part of the city, you turn your car and drive back to the dormitory. You are quite tired even though you haven't done anything today. The thing, you don't know is that Sophie is waiting for you, because she is worried. She realised that something has changed.

"Where have you been?" She asks you, when you enter. You throw your keys into a bowl next to the door and sit on the couch next to her, exhausted.

"I just went for a walk. I needed to go on a fresh air." You lie.

"Stop lying to me, (y/n)!" Suddenly she sounds very angry, juming from the couch and throwing up her arms. 

"I am not lying!" You resist.

"Of course you are. Since the party you have been acting weird! What happened?" Now she sounds worried.

"Nothing...I-I..."
"You know what? Leave it for yourself." She retorts and stormes out of the living room. You stare at her closed door. What the hell just happened?

Ahhh okay there's a tension between you and Sophie, which could be later a problem, or not? We are slowly getting into the main storyline!:) just hold on guys:) What do you think about it so far?:)