Chapter 12

Few days pass and you become slightly annoyed about your arm. You can't properly eat, drive yourself somewhere or just even write! And Dean teases you all the time about it, especially about the t-shirt, because that is the only thing you hasn't changed yet and it starts to be quite gross. But you don't have any choice!

You wake up quite late today, it's already 11 am. You jump from the bed, change your sleeping pants into some jeans and walk to kitchen to make a breakfast.

When you get there, you can hear the boys from the library, talking probably about a case.

"Good morning." You say loud enough for them to hear you. You earn greetings from them as well. You make yourself a cup of tea and walk to the library to find out what they are doing. They are browsing through news, looking for some cases.

"Any luck?" You ask, sipping your tea.

"No so far." Sam replies. You glance around and a basket full of dirty clothes catches your eyes.

"Whose is this?" You point to the basket.

"That's mine, why? Do you need to wash anything?" Sam asks you.

"Actually yes. I can put it there with my clothes, is that okay?" You grab the basket with your left hand, resting it on one of your hips.

"You sure you can carry it?" Dean teases you. You ignore him, looking at Sam.

"Yeah sure, thanks." Sam nods. You smile at him and walk out of the library, heading to your room. You grab your dirty clothes, which isn't a lot, because you keep wearing the same t-shirt.

When you get to the laundry and put your clothes and Sam's in the washing machine, you look at the old James's t-shirt, which you have been wearing for few days. Maybe I should wash it as well. So you put it off, adding it to the rest and turn on the washing machine. You look at the time. It should be finished in 2 hours. You turn on your heel, peeking out of the door. You are just in your jeans and your bra, so you need to get quickly into your room without the Winchesters noticing. Once you make sure, that there is no one, you start running to your room.

You are just looking behind you, when you bump into someone. Shit. You would fall down, if he didn't catch you by placing his hands on your back. You look up to see Dean's smirk.

"So why are you running around the bunker just in your underwear, (y/n)?"

"I-I had to wash my t-shirt."

"I see." He eyes you, which makes you blush even more, not to say that the hands on your back are already enough. But you have an idea!
"You know, maybe you could lend me one." You smile at him.

"Ohh..okay, you can choose." He stops holding you and opens the door to his room. Once you step into his room, the scent hits you. It smells like Dean! He opens one of his drawers, gesturing at you to come closer. You shyly come to him and choose a blue one. You quickly put it on. It is so soft and it totally smells like him.
"Thanks, Dean." You blush as you look at him. He just nods at you.

"Ahh, I think I should get back to Sammy." He nervously scratches his head.

"Sure thing. Do you need any help?"

"Ahh, yeah, just...no let's go." You hesitantly walk out of the room followed by Dean. Was he just nervous because of me? No...That's not possible.

When you get to the room, Sam looks at you weirdly, a little smirk spreads over his face.

"So you had fun while I'm here researching?" Sam leans on his chair, looking at you. Wait, what? Suddenly it hits you.

"What? Oh, no.. we did-didn't do anything." You stutter and blush even more. Sam looks behind you with a question look, looking at Dean probably.

"I just lent her my t-shirt." Dean answers behind your back. You quickly sit down, hiding your face behind your laptop.

"Let's find us a case!" Sam returns to his research and you begin to do your own. At first you browse through normal news but when you don't find anything, you start to search on Google. You enter words such as: 'Mysterious murder', 'No evidences' and so on. After a while an interesting article appears on your screen. It is about a missing girl, who is just 16 years old. As you read through the article, you start to feel really bad. When you read what the mum said, it feels like reading about your own mum. It is really heartbreaking and you start to feel how your eyes fill with water. You sob, jumping from your chair and run to your room. You hear the boys saying something, but you don't respond. Once you close the door behind you, you fell into your bed, crying silently. You haven't realised until now how much you miss your family and James and even Sophie.

A knock on the door interrupts your cry.
"(y/n)?" Dean asks, souning worried.

"Are you alright, what happened?" Sam joins.

"Nothing, I'm fine." You lie and even you can hear the sobs in your voice.

"(y/n), can we come in?" Dean continues asking.

"No, I need to be alone for a while."
"But maybe-"
"No, just go away." You cut in on Sam.

"But you know that we're here for you, right?" Sam tries to cheer you up.

"Yes...just go, please." After this sentence you hear quiet footsteps leaving the corridor. You relieve. And then the worst idea ever occurres to you. You grab your phone and dial one number, which you can never forget.

"Yes?"

"Hi mum." You say. There is a silence on the other side of the phone.

"Sorry, who's this?"She responds after a minute.

"It's me, (y/n)" Suddenly your mom starts screaming.

"(y/n)? Is this really you?"

"Yeah mum, it's me." You start crying into the phone and your mum joins you when she realises what you are doing.

"What happened sweetie? Where have you been?"

"I'm so sorry mum, for everything."

"You don't have to be sorry. I know you didn't do it, sweetheart." You don't have the heart to tell her the truth, so you remain silent.

"Come back home, we miss you all."

"I miss you too mum, but I can't." You whisper.

"Of course you can." You can even imagine her smile when she says that.

"I am so sorry, I gotta go." You quickly hang up before she can say anything else. This was a huge mistake. Now you have to buy a new sim card. You turn off your phone just in case.

This phone call hasn't made you feel better at all. You only have given your mum a false hope that you will come back home. You bury your head into the pillow and stay there for God's know how long.

Ohh...this is kinda sad. Any thoughts?