Thank you

The next day Stevie showed up at rehearsals looking nothing like herself. She always wore her "uniform" wherever she went, but not today. It seemed like she put on the first thing in her closet, her hair looked a mess in an unrully ponytail and she wore her sunglasses in attempt to hide her puffy eyes from all the crying she did last night. Lindsey was the first one to notice her, he might have been angry, but he was concerned as well. Something bad must have happened for Stevie to look like that. 

Mick as usual couldn't bite his tongue as she approached her three bandmates. "My god, Stevie! What in the hell has happened to you?"

"Shut it, Fleetwood." Lindsey said harshly and it made Stevie look at him with a questioning look in her eyes. 

"You look like you haven't slept for weeks." Mick still continued and received a warning glare from Lindsey. 

"Yeah, I look terrible, I know. Is there something else you would like to add?" 

"Anyway, now that everyone's here, why don't we start playing something? We've already lost a day yesterday." Lindsey got up and went to the stage, John, Mick and Stevie followed behind.

~

It was almost 8pm already and the whole day seemed to have disappeared. Mick couldn't get over Stevie's appearance, while she barely spoke and certainly didn't listen to his remarks. The second Mick announced that everyone was free to go home, Stevie went to put her things into her purse and she couldn't wait to escape. She jumped a little when she felt a hand on her shoulder, she couldn't believe it when she saw who was standing behind her.

"Hi."

"Hi." She replied with a matching emotionless tone of voice. 

"I tried calling Sara, but she didn't answer. She's still on spending the weekend with me?"

"Yes, the last time I checked. She's very excited about it."

"Alright then." Lindsey couldn't look into her eyes, knowing that if he did his guard would fall and he would embrace the seemingly fragile and broken woman in front of him. "Since I'm picking her up... you're gonna wait for Karen or can I drove you home?"

"Ok." She nodded unsure of his actions. He was supposed to be mad at her. 

The drive was silent from the second Lindsey pulled out of the parking lot to when he parked in Stevie's driveway. He wasn't going to open the car door for her this time and she didn't expect it. Once they were inside, Lindsey immediatelly climbed up the stairs to his daughter's room, while Stevie disappeared into kitchen to have a much needed glass of water. 

It didn't take long for Lindsey to come downstairs with Sara by his side. They both had their eyes fixed on Stevie, both of their hearts breaking. Lindsey had no idea what had happened and he didn't feel it would be right to ask her before they settled their differences. Sara knew about the events of the previous night all too well, but all she could do was give her mother a hug and smile at her. 

"I'll see you on Sunday, mom."

"I'll be waiting for you to come home, sweetheart." They held each other tightly. "Go now."

They were both almost out the door when Lindsey stopped and gave Sara the car keys. "Get in the car, I'll be right there." She raised an eyebrow, but did as was told. 

Lindsey returned to the kitchen and took a few steps forwards to wrap Stevie in his arms. She started crying right away. Her body was shaking from sobbing. Lindsey didn't understand, but he knew he had to hold her and allow her to let all those emotions out. He rubbed her back and caressed her hair, kissing the top of her head every few moments and whispering just the right things for her to calm down. 

She finally pulled away, but he still held her at arm's length. "Thank you."

He nodded and wiped away the tears from under her eyes using his thumbs. "We need to talk, but not now."

"Yes, we do." She agreed and held onto his hand that still cradled her face and kissed the palm of it softly. 

"I'll get Sara home Sunday morning, I have some things to take care of later that day." 

"Ok." 

He drew her into another short hug and whispered before letting go. "I love you."

A short update, but I needed to get this out of my system