You're stuck with me

The first Fleetwood Mac show took place on the 4th of April in Columbus, Ohio. All four members checked into a hotel and decided to go to a bar for drinks in the evening. None of them were heavy drinkers anymore, especially Stevie, but a glass or two wouldn’t hurt.

Things between Lindsey and Stevie were going good. They still didn’t say anything to anyone besides Sara. They were going to see if they could manage being together. And things were looking bright for them. They managed not to get into any arguments and if something bothered either one of them, they talked it out, something that was completely new for the two of them.

Lindsey was getting a little frustrated that nothing between him and Stevie was happening, all she allowed him was a kiss here and there. He agreed to 'date' her again, but when she said she wanted to get to know him again, it sounded ridiculous to him, because they knew each other since high school and she had no problem sleeping around with him several years back. Maybe she matured, who knows.

It was almost eight in the evening and Stevie left her room to go to the downstairs bar of the hotel to meet her bandmates. Lindsey was already there and he watched her closely walking towards him. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. She was turning sixty five in a month and still, to Lindsey, she was the most breathtaking, sexy woman he had ever seen. A touch of make up, her loose hair already did the trick for him, but he was surprised to see Stevie wearing a dress above her knees, sure, it was black and not wrapped around her body as he would have preferred, but she still looked amazing. Of course, she wore her sky high boots.

“Where are the others?” Stevie asked when she approached a dimly lit booth.

“Oh, so I’m not enough?” Lindsey raised his eyebrow. “I was about to tell you how wonderful you look.”

“Thanks, but where are John and Mick?” She sat down and repeated her previous question.

“Actually, you’re stuck with me. John isn’t feeling well and Mick is dealing with his soon to be ex wife over the phone. He said he might join later.”

“Oh. Well, you’ll have to keep me entertained then.”

“Yeah?”

Stevie nodded. “If John was here, he’d be telling jokes nonstop.”

“I don’t know good jokes, but I can entertain the hell out of you in other ways.”

“Quit smirking, Buckingham.”

He chuckled. “Ok, ok… so, what are you having?”

“Pink champagne.”

“Really?” Lindsey sounded surprised. “And here I was thinking I’d get drunk like the old times, with a woman who drank half a bottle of brandy to warm up before the show.”

“So you could take advantage of me?”

“I would never!” He acted hurt only to start laughing. “Be right back.”

Stevie smiled to herself watching him go over to the bar for drinks. Never in a million years did she imagine herself with Lindsey again.

“Here is your pink champagne, for some reason.” He returned shortly and took a seat next to Stevie.

She held his glass up to her nose and sniffed then put it back. “You’ll reek of whiskey.”

“Why, were you thinking of coming back to my room?”

“I surely am not now.”

“You won’t be able to resist me.” Lindsey winked and took a sip, so did Stevie. “I missed this.”