Do you honestly mean it?

Lindsey stopped the car in front of the condo he was temporary staying at and Sara looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Where are we exactly, dad?"

"I live here now."

"Kristen threw you out of your own house or something?" She was still very much confused as she got out of the car.

Lindsey managed to find some humour in it. "I left." He said, giving Sara her bag that he took from the back seat. 

"Wait... Dad, I don't understand anything right now."

"Can we go inside and then talk about this?" 

"Yeah, sure. But we gotta run, I wanna know as soon as possible!"

Lindsey shooked his head, just as impatient as her mother, he thought and they went inside the building. They got to the fourth floor by the elevator and Lindsey lead the way to his apartment. He unlocked the door and let Sara go in first. 

"This is quite nice." She said looking around. "Does a woman live here? It's too clean as for you."

"I'm offended by both of these accusations, Sara." He wasn't laughing, but she knew he wasn't seriously angry. "Last door on the left is your room."

"How long are you planning on staying here, dad? I'm sure mom wouldn't mind you living with us." She suggested without thinking and Lindsey didn't say anything back to that. 

"Are you hungry?"

"For pizza always!" Sara beamed, trying to lighten up the mood. 

"And I thought you would let me choose this time."

"You were going to choose pizza."

"Guilty." He raised his hands in surender and smiled. "You go get settled in your bedroom and I'll order the food."

Sara returned shortly in much more comfortable set of clothes. Lindsey had turned the TV on for the background and she went over to the coffee table to take the remote control and changed to the music channel. 

"Oh! Led Zeppelin!" He heard her while getting two plates and two glasses for soda from the kitchen. 

"Seriously, is there anything you like that I do as well?"

"Come on, daddy, it's Led Zeppelin! You can't possibly tell me you don't like them, Robert Plant is god!"

"Your mother thinks so too."

"Aw, are you jealous?" She pouted mockingly. "I might share the love with mom for a lot of things, but you and I have our own special bond." She hugged him and planted a big kiss on his cheek. 

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Lindsey rolled his eyes and made Sara laugh. "So, what do you think of my new place?"

She took a seat on the couch and crossed her legs. "It's boring. It's not bad boring, it's just... you know." She shrugged.

"No, I don't, that's why I asked for you opinion."

"Well, I lived with mom my whole life, all sixteen years of it, I've always been surrounded with colours, shawls, dreamcatchers and all the other spiritual nonsense, so it's hard for me to say anything. It's a bachelor pad."

"For your information, I don't bring women here nor do I have parties."

"I would hope so, you have a wife. And also another woman you actually love and care for."

"You don't need to remind me..." 

"What's up with this place anyway? Trouble in paradise?" 

"Can you be more like your mother please, I'm beginning to forget what she's like."