That was all they said to each other

The next week and a half flew by. Fleetwood Mac were in Chicago and Kristen was also supposed to be there with the kids. The thought didn’t bother Stevie as much as she thought it would, but Lindsey was anxious. He couldn’t wait to see his children but thinking of seeing Kristen made him sick and he felt bad for it, because really, she had done nothing wrong.

As much as Lindsey wanted to stay the night with Stevie, he wasn’t sure when was Kristen coming, so to avoid even more awkwardness he decided to sleep in a separate room, which surprised the other two band members and the crew, since the pair had been acting like two teenagers the whole time.

It was the day of the show and Lindsey hoped to get some much needed sleep, since he sneaked out of Stevie’s room only a few hours ago. In his sleepy state, he thought he heard a knock on the door and there it was again seconds later. He didn’t bother putting on a t-shirt, he hurried to open the door only in his pajamas bottoms.

“Daddy!” Stella squealed and Lindsey picked her up.

“Angel! Missed you.” He cuddled his daughter close then let go, hugging Leelee and Will. “I’m so happy you’re here!”

“We missed you too, Dad.” Will said and Leelee nodded in agreement.

Lindsey didn’t even notice Kristen who closed the door behind her and stood uncomfortably. “Hi.”

“Hi.” She echoed him and that was all they said to each other.

“Dad?”

Lindsey heard from behind and turned around. “Yeah, Will?”

“What’s up with your back?”

“What do you mean?” He frowned.

“It’s all… scratched.”

Lindsey knew what it was yet he pretended to get a better look in the mirror. “I… fell.”

Kristen let out a quiet sob, knowing all too well that other woman’s nails scored her soon to be ex husband’s back and Will wasn’t stupid either, getting the same idea as his mother.

“Daddy, are you ok? Did it hurt?” Stella asked worried.

“No, baby, it didn’t. I’m just fine.” He sure appreciated Stevie doing it while they were alone in her room, but it was quite awkward and hard to lie to his kids. “Anyway, what you guys been up to? Excited to come to the show?”

“Yes!” Stella, ever the excited one over everything, exclaimed. “I can’t wait to see Stevie! I hope she lets me twirl around with one of her shawls.”

“I’m sure she will.” Lindsey smiled.

“Does she have her dog here?”

“Sadly, no.”

“Oh…” Stella pouted.

It was getting too much for Kristen. She knew this would be hard, but in the past ten minutes she saw clear evidence of her husband being unfaithful and her daughter getting overly excited to see the woman of the matter. “Um…” She coughed. “I’ll let you guys catch up, I’ll go down for breakfast.”

Kristen stepped into the elevator and started crying. She wanted it all to be over as soon as possible, she still loved Lindsey, but she knew she lost him for good and she wished not to see him like this again.

Once the elevator’s doors opened, she gasped. How on earth was this happening all at once? Her face was puffy from crying, she couldn’t hide it and there stood Stevie. Both women locked eyes and neither said anything. Stevie felt terribly sorry for her at that moment. Then she did something that surprised her and the younger woman, Stevie opened her arms and pulled Kristen into a hug.