Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen . . .|
-i rather die a million times.

Friday rolled in, the day the auction was held on. Jeongguk was all over the place, Taehyung and Jimin hadn't even seen him just yet. Jeongguk was busy making the last changes, mixing the order up, reserving seats, and much more.

Jimin was caring for Taehyung. He actually enjoyed being with the younger, spending time with him before he would be sold. Jimin felt horrible for Jeongguk's actions and the fact Taehyung was this naïve.

He guessed he would too, however. Taehyung was desperate to do anything just to get out of being sold. Anything. Jimin respected that, he respected that a lot. There wasn't much to offer when the mafia leader had already stolen every penny and even owned the entire incorporation.

Jimin had witnessed Taehyung's name all over his phone, he had saw countless articles on how the young sensation was missing and there wasn't a single trace of him anywhere.

Everyday there was a new article about him, about how his brother was stressing, how his father really only cared for the business, and more. Jimin felt really bad, he felt horrible but he was glad Taehyung wasn't physically abused, not yet anyways.

If Jeongguk wasn't going to give him back, Jimin believed the least he could do was keep him and not sell him to someone who could do so much worse.

It was bad enough Taehyung was as desperate as he was, willing to just give himself to Jeongguk without knowing that Jeongguk wasn't the type to do offers — unless it really benefited himself.

Jimin grew up with Jeongguk, for a bit. He knew about his father, about how tough his father was in Jeongguk, he knew how Jeongguk learned how to steal from people as young as eight. Jimin knew a lot, Jeongguk was easy to read after the barriers that got in the way.

  Anyways, Jimin walked into Taehyung's room with a tray of food. It was lunch time, just about, and Jimin was caring for Taehyung since Jeongguk was busy.

"Mr. Kim? I brought up some noodles and some soda. A small plate of veggies for you, too." Jimin said as he entered into the room.

Taehyung picked his head up, having a book in his hands that Jeongguk gave him to keep him busy. Jeongguk didn't trust him with electronics just yet so he would give him things to do, such as coloring, reading, small games, etc. Jeongguk would even do some of the things with him just to make sure he wasn't too bored. Rude? Sure.

"Oh, yum," Taehyung folded a page and set it down. "Where's Jeongguk?" He asked.

"Have you forgotten?" Jimin teased. "He has the auction to care for. You won't see him until much later." He added. "Speaking of which, after lunch, we need to get your dressed. The pretty clothing? Remember?"