Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty . . .|
-taehyung, i'm sensing some hostility.

     "Where's Hoseok?" Jimin asked when he ran into Jeongguk after talking to Taehyung, seeing the younger walking with his crutch under his arm. He gave him a good scan, clicking his tongue.

"He left. He came here to argue about Taehyung and that he gets to keep him but I told him to fuck off." Jeongguk shrugged, not looking at Jimin. "So, yeah, he just left. I had some men escort him."

"Oh, um, cool." Jimin nodded, walking alongside Jeongguk now. "Where are we going now, Jeon? To get Taehyung a proper bed to sleep on with some blankets and pillows?"

"He doesn't really deserve it, does he? I mean, I don't think so. Maybe that's just me." Jeongguk uttered, letting out a weak raspy chuckle from his throat, offering a shrug to follow. He still didn't bother to spare the elder a glance, keeping his eyes forward along with his stride.

"Um, okay . . . That's fine." Jimin said, not knowing what else he could say to his boss. "But still, Jeongguk, where are you going?" He asked again.

"I was going to head to my room and call it a night. Had a stressful day and I'm awfully tired. I would like to catch some Z's." Jeongguk said. He had other plans in mind but Jimin didn't need to know that much.

"Then I should be walking somewhere else, huh? Well, in that case, goodnight, Jeongguk." Jimin stopped in his tracks, allowing Jeongguk to keep limping away with his crutch. He watched the aforementioned throw his hand up as to signal a 'Yeah, you too'.

Jeongguk turned the corner, heading to his bedroom but there was a room right across from his that he wanted to visit before he took it upon himself to go to sleep.

When he arrived, he unlocked and placed his palm on the doorknob, twisting it open to reveal a grown adult who sat with his knees tuck to his chest.

"Princess, how are you doing? How are your bruises?" Jeongguk walked in the room, eyes watching Taehyung. He leaned his crutch against the wall by the door, not needing it.

The aforementioned shrugged. "What does it matter?" He retorted.

"I just want to know if you're okay." Jeongguk answered, feeling a smile creep on his face. He walked over — more like limped over, looking down at Taehyung who looked back at him.

"What do you want, Jeon?" Taehyung inquired, not feeling comfortable with Jeongguk towering over him like such.

"Have I ever told you how gorgeous I think you are?" He knelt down a bit to take Taehyung's hand, pulling him to his feet. "Seriously, you're honestly so beautiful and after everything, after getting you back into my life and after you took the time to save me, I just can't help but to admire everything about you."

"And to beat me, right?" Taehyung stood, taking a small step back to create some distance between the two of them. "Because anyone who is willing to realize their life was saved and whatnot, I just don't think they would go out their way to beat the person who saved them. Not to mention with a stupid crutch."

"Taehyung, I'm sensing some hostility." Jeongguk commented, moving his hands to cup Taehyung's cheeks in his hands. "Hoseok came back to get you but I told him no, I told him I didn't want to give you away."

"Really? Why not?"

"Because . . . Just because." Jeongguk nodded, eyes soft.

Taehyung's mind flickered to when he took a shower and what Jimin had told him.

"Please, let me finish." Jimin sighed. "But I truly believe you can change Jeongguk."

"This isn't going to be one of those sick love stories, yeah? Can't wait to tell my kids on how their father abused me, so romantic." Taehyung turned on the water after removing all of his clothes, hopping into the shower.