Chapter Twenty-Seven

-i'm afraid i can't do that.

     Jeongguk grunted lowly, feeling sharp pain engulf his body as he began to wake up. His vision was blurred, feeling as the lights above him were way too bright.

"He's waking up." He heard from his left and then a reply from his right. "Jeongguk?"

The mentioned responded with a lazy groan, trying to readjust his body to feel more comfortable.

"Are you okay?" The voice from the right asked, Jeongguk slowly recognizing who it was. Jimin.

"I-I . . ." He winced in pain. "I'm alive?" He inquired, still unable to see to the best of his ability.

"Yeah, because I saved your life." Jeongguk then connected who the other voice was, bringing his fist to his eye to rub out the blurs. He let his vision focus on a certain someone.

"Taehyung?" He furrowed his brows, trying to push up to sit. "Why are you here?"

"Rather me gone? Glad we have something in common." Taehyung rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Can you take me home? I want to leave."

Jeongguk frowned. "I- . . . I don't understand." He narrowed his brows. "When did you get here? When did I make it back to the car?"

Jimin cut in. "Taehyung made the decision to save you." He said. "You got shot and were already bleeding bad from the knife in your shoulder."

"You saved me?" Jeongguk looked back over at Taehyung once Jimin was done.

"I think me and Jimin both specified that much, Jeon, learn to keep up. Last I checked, I don't remember you hitting your head." Taehyung crossed his arms over his chest. "Again, can you take me home?"

"Why?"

"Because I want to go home?"

"No, why did you save me?" Jeongguk didn't know how to feel.

"I . . . Just take me home!" Taehyung yelled. "Let me go! It doesn't matter why I saved you!" He begged. "I saved your stupid life! You wouldn't be alive if it weren't for me! So, in favor of my gracious deed, why don't you take me to my brother? The one that beat you and Jimin up."

Jeongguk watched him closely. "I'm afraid I can't do that." He said, clearing his throat. He witnessed Taehyung's features express extreme distaste and disappointment. Then, it flared into pure rage and anger.

"What do you mean you can't?! What is stopping you?! Let me go home! I want to leave! I want to go home!" He screamed, stomping his foot like a child, tears rushing down his cheeks like they were racing.

Jimin couldn't bare the sight, looking down at his lap.

"Because I just can't. I want you here and here you will stay; with me." Jeongguk answered as if it were the most obvious thing ever. He inhaled a deep breath, tapping each of his fingers off of his thumbs.

Taehyung's chest had grown tight. He stumbled over his feet and collapsed to the ground. The aforementioned pulled his knees to his chest, sucking in sharp breaths as he was told no. He wanted to go home; be free, but he couldn't. He started to cry, his breathing racing.

He let out a choked sob, feeling his world spin around him. Taehyung's oxygen felt like it was being sucked from his chest, decreasing the more he realized that he was stuck here.

Jimin rushed to Taehyung's side, helping him sit up. "K-Kim, breathe." He said, watching as Taehyung's eyes were squeezed as tight as they could be.

"I-I-I j-just w-want to go h-home." Taehyung broke into tears, hands trembling. "P-P-Please!" He looked at Jimin with heartbroken eyes, sobbing just to have freedom.

"Princess, it truly isn't that bad." Jeongguk spoke, going to sit up. He tried not to express how much pain he felt in his leg, stomach, and shoulder. Every movement causing a new searing jolt through his body. "I'll take care of you, make you realize how bad it isn't. You just aren't able to leave."

Jimin looked back at Jeongguk, narrowing his brows. "You're serious?" He asked, standing up and turning so his body faced the mafia leader. "I understand I was the one who gave the bright idea of kidnapping him once more but fuck, I really think we should just give him back at this point."

Jeongguk glared at Jimin, tonguing his cheek. "Well, Park, when you own a mafia of your own one day, you'll be able to make those decisions." He spat with anger that grew. "Until then," Jeongguk began again. "You follow by my rules, Doll."

Taehyung felt like he couldn't breathe, gasping for air. This would be his life forever. Taehyung could've ran but he would've died and it would've made no difference. He had hope that Jeongguk would let him be free.

It was such a slim chance, such a risk he was willing to take and he did. Not only did he do it for himself, he did it because he truly couldn't let someone die and he know about it. He wasn't that type of person, never wanting to be.

The eldest of the bunch wanted to confront Jeongguk in the worst ways yet he knew he couldn't, not now or here. He helped Taehyung to his feet. "C'mon, Mr. Kim, let's get you back to your room and help you relax." He uttered to him, keeping his arms around Taehyung to support him.

The aforementioned's bottom lip was quivering as ugly sobs left his lips.

Jimin assisted the youngest with leaving the room, walking him down the hallway they went down previously for the bathroom, only difference was they were passing it to get to Taehyung's old bedroom.

Alas, they arrived. Taehyung was still hyperventilating, rapid breathing. He just felt like everything he was hearing was a dream, it wasn't real. He felt like it wasn't reality.

Jimin aided Taehyung get into bed, tucking him in. ". . . Taehyung, for what it's worth, I didn't think he would object and keep you here."

Taehyung sniffled, gulping a gracious amount of air. His eyes slowly browsed upward, meeting Jimin's beautiful brown ones with his own. "Y-You p-pl-planned this?" He asked, disbelief exploring his features.

At the question, the brunet froze. He didn't expect Taehyung to ask but he then realized that he had blown it for himself. He spoiled the vile thing he'd done.

"I believed it would help him." He answered in a mere whispered.

"W-Who's s-side are y-you on?" Taehyung inquired, his lips parting. His bottom lip would suck in with every deep breath he sharply inhaled. "I-I just wa-want to go home. Y-You d-don't l-let me."

Jimin shook his head, taking a seat. "No, Taehyung, it's not like that. I don't know, I feel like I need you to be under my supervision. As long as I'm with Jeongguk, I can make sure he won't hurt you."

"Bull," Taehyung pulled his brows together, pressing his lips in a taut line. He gave a faint shake of his head. "H-He's h-h-hurt m-me so many t-times. A-At what point d-did you really stop h-him?"

Jimin was in thought, averting his gaze when he no longer could face Taehyung's teary eyes. He truly didn't know when he ever helped Taehyung. Surely he's tried but he knew he never succeeded in helping Taehyung.

Jeongguk choosing not to abuse Taehyung that one night when the blond-haired adult attempted to run away wasn't Jimin saving him, it was by luck that Jeongguk didn't pull through. It was Jeongguk's decision not to because he felt bad. Jimin didn't convince him not to.

"Mr. Kim, I don't do much that helps but I try every chance I get to. I never wanted to see you get hurt, I never want to see anyone get hurt but I'm not Jeongguk, am I? I cannot sway or control what he does. I know you want to go home and see your brother but give this some time, we will figure it out." Jimin answered.

Taehyung shook his head. He looked away, pulling the covers over him. "I-I don't have time."