Chapter 10 - Nausea

Kirishima's P.o.V.

I sighed a bit as the doctor looked up at me calmly. She adjusted her clipboard and looked up at me expectantly.

"Alright. What do you need to know??" I asked her in return. She tapped her clipboard with her pen and clicked it do she could write.

"First off: his name??" She looked down at the paper on the clipboard, then up at me. At the bottom of the sheet there was words circled in a red pen.

"Denki Kaminari" I responded carefully, focusing on Kaminari more so than the actual questions. She tapped my arm with her pen and cleared her throat. "Oh! I'm sorry...can? Can you repeat that??" I asked anxiously, trying to direct my focus at answering her questions.

"I need a few basics, age, allergies, sexual activity...not that that matters with his current situation...well it might.... we're...working on figuring out if its a disease or not....that kind of stuff" She blinked, seeming unfazed by anything she was saying. I felt my face heat up a little bit. I shook off the feeling and went to respond.

"He's sixteen, not allergic to anything, maybe amoxicillin....but that's something common I guess...and I don't think he's sexually active? He doesn't really tell me that stuff" I said carefully, my eyes darting over to look at Denki once again.

"Alright...how long has Kaminari been suffering like thi-" There was a loud noise and then rapid beeping from inside Denki's room and the doctor's eyes widened. She quickly pulled on a mask and pressed a button outside of the room. "Dr. Puro, Dr.Ritoru and Dr. Ishi I need you all back in quarantine room one-eighty-six!! our patient may be suffering from Ventricular tachycardia!!!" She shouted into a microphone nearby, her voice echoed throughout the floor they were on and three other doctors rushed to the room, going in after the first doctor. I watched, wide eyed as they all gathered around Kaminari, looking for how to help in some way. "His pulse is going to get far over 480 BPM in a matter of seconds if he doesn't get something to calm his nerves immediately!! Where's the GL-H94 I ordered!!!!!" The main doctor shouted, watching the others rush around the room to grab things. One of them with midnight black hair rushed out of the room and ran down the stairs like the officer had before. Denki's pulse was starting to skyrocket, and the beeping on the machine next to him was going off rapidly. One of the doctors grabbed a syringe with a blue colored fluid inside, and proceeded to stick it into the blondes arm quickly. Kaminari's pulse dropped suddenly back to a normal speed and the beeping slowed down dramatically. The head doctor looked at one of the doctors she was working with and said something to them. They nodded timidly and rushed outside and over to me.

They took a deep breath, then starting to explain. "We're doing the best we can to help him. If his condition gets worse though...we... we're going to need you to decide if we should take him off of life support..." he said slowly, seeming fairly nervous. "But uhm..a-as far as we're aware... you...you can come into the room now...our head doctor is sure that it...that it isn't a disease or contagious" he added quickly.

"Life....support....." I said in a weak tone. I felt like crying. I nodded in a slight thanks. The other doctors besides the head doctor, who stood on the right side of the hospital bed. I slowly made my way into the room and sat down at a chair next to Kaminari's bed, reaching over and grabbing his hand quietly.

The doctor inside of the room with Kaminari looked at the machine next to her and frowned a bit as she looked at the blondes pulse. It was steady but uneven. She raised her head as I entered the room and nodded slightly, gesturing to a chair next to the hospital bed. She carefully pressed a couple of buttons on the machine, each one making a beep as she pressed it. "His condition is getting worse every minute, he's on life support right now but I promise that we're doing the best we can to help him" She said, taking off her mask and throwing it away calmly, though her eyes were still filled with worry for the blonde student. "I need to finish getting that information on our patient, and you might need to speak to the officer downstairs as well...." She said, looking down at the student laying in the hospital bed.