Heart Breaker

Warnings: *Takes a deep breath* Suicide, agony, hurt, angst, pain, depression...This is gonna be a tough one, I'm sorry. But also Langauge...

Summary: Tony was presumed dead after a mission had gone wrong in Norway when an explosion destroyed the mission site, burying Tony in the rubble. His Iron Man suit was able to sustain him in time when a group of Indigenous Norwegians find him and take Tony to the hospital. He then entered a coma for 10 months to only later wake up and find his very being hospitalized, and that's when he was able to go home. But, Tony's poor soul is eager to make it back to his husband, Steve, and only later finds him in a state he feared ever since they got together...

Word count: 2857
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

It was a few days after Tony had woken up from his coma and he currently was finishing up with dressing himself when a familiar voice echoed the room.

"Glad to see you awake, and alive, Stark."

Tony turns his head over toward the direction of the doorway when he heard someone speak out to him. "Me too. Best damn sleep I ever got." He joked with a witty smile, fixing the collar of his button up.

"10 months is a long time, but better than 70 years, I suppose. If your finished, I can take you to the QuinJet so we can get you home." The voice continued.

Tony nods his head, "Thank you, Nick. I'm ready as I'll ever be I guess." He chuckled and walks toward Director Fury, not needing to carry anything since all he had was his broken arc reactor.

Fury only motions Tony to follow him and he leads the now discharged man from the Norwegian hospital.

While walking down the long white hallways, Tony eventually looks up to see Fury with his hands in his pockets as the one eyed man wore his usual all black suit. Tony clears his throat to speak.

"So, everyone thought I died in the explosion?" He asks.

"But of course. Steve was aiding the other team members outside the building when the bomb went off. They all survived but the Hydra Operatives didn't and we believed you didn't either. It was too late when everyone realized you weren't accounted for- at least that's what the report said. " Fury explains to Tony while they walk together.

Tony hums and his brows furrow in concentration as he processed the information. "So...The captives didn't make it either?" He asks.

Fury shook his head, "No," he confirms, "Only the Avengers, and then you, survived." He clarified for Stark. " We don't know why a Hydra base was in Norway, or why they were holding government officials captive, but it's going to end up an abandoned case. There's too little information to investigate." He adds.

Tony sighs, "Actually...I can tell you a little something...." he wearily started, "They were using the government workers to try and get codes for nuclear weapons from them, since they worked for The President and Pentagon. They assumed this bunch of people would know those codes so they can over throw the government or something. Again, Hydra isn't very bright. Narrow-minded I might add." He explains.