Cigarette Daydreams

Warnings: mentions of depression, use of drugs, abuse, strong language, adult content, but no smut.

Summary: If Steve and Tony were teens in the late 80's. The two have been hiding their relationship from Tony's parents when Howard discovers it, and he doesn't take it lightly...

Words: 3966

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Spring of 1987

You'd think he'd keep the bedroom window closed/locked, but he never does; for a particularly good reason, too. If he did that...his boyfriend would never be able to get in whenever he wants, and that simply wasn't an option for 17 year old, Tony Stark.

His wealthy, business-man, billionaire, father, Howard Stark, didn't even know of this said relationship that's been going on since the start of their senior year of high school. Tony planned to graduate, move out-- or dorm with Steve at college-- and never speak to his dad again so he can avoid any conflict. His mother on the other hand, Maria, he would later tell her privately. He couldn't bring himself to entirely leave her out of this important aspect of his life-- he and Maria were really close. 

But back to the window spectrum...

Howard hated whenever Tony 'forgot' to lock the door or the gated fence infont of their huge, mansion. So, to spite the growing hate of his father, Tony took the liberty in keeping that damn window open. A weird pet peeve Tony loves because he knows it's the one inconsequential thing that Howard shouldn't have to worry about. Yet, when you're noted as the wealthiest family in New York-- and quite famous, too-- locking the doors should be number one on the list when it comes to your home.

At the moment, Tony sat in his bed with his back against the head board, leaning on some pillows. He flips through an old comic book and let his mind buzz in it's own world.

His room consisted of normal teenage things:

Band posters on the walls, dirty clothes on the floor, things haphazardly 'organized' on shelves or on furniture, random dishes and utensils in odd places, and not to mention the rank-smelling odors that loom the air from the teenage boy living in it.

And as for Tony's personality, he was geeky/nerdy but also a heavy rock/metal head. He wore the grunge and emo look to its fullest on some days, but on others, he wore fandom merch and 80's retro.

The time read 3:34 pm, school had let out at 2:40 pm.

Tony always got to his house before Steve got to his for some reason, so it felt like ages until Steve would eventually come to Tony's.

  And yeah, Tony could always go to Steve's house and avert the potential  wrath of Howard, or the window, but his father strictly wanted him home right after school since he works from home anyways. And Tony wanted to lay as low as possible in order to keep his relationship with Steve a secret; therefore, he forces himself to obey Howard-- this time.

Soft, tip-taps hit the mostly open  window on the glass, causing Tony to turn his head from his comic book.

"Steve, is that you?" Tony whispers as he saw the little rocks tap the window.