"A...daughter?" Part 3

Warnings: Only language :)

Summary: Steve meets Val; Then, whether Tony takes full custody and Steve adopting her fully, or not, takes place.

Word count: 1440

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

No one could jot an exact time of how long both husbands banter about Val being Tony's 'surprise' daughter. In all veracity, It seemed fairly long and impervious to break up the emotion-filled-chatter, that nothing outside of them would ever dare interfere.
  Tony had indepthly explained to his husband as much as he was told, and all information he knew from Tammy.
   But luckily, in the end, Steve was sympathic and had most understanding toward the situation neither of them could control, as they stopped spitting out words at each other after needing copious amounts of air to catch their worn breaths.

It was now 15 minutes later...

Currently, both men sat on either side of the edge of their bed, peering down at Val's sleeping figure.

"She looks like you, Tone." Steve whispers out, breaking the sedated silence.

Tony chuckled and he was reaching over to move some of Val's hair out of her eyes. "Really? She looks exactly like Alyssa to me." He stated back factually, unsure of where Steve got his observation.

"I can see you in her...." Steve mumbled, watching Tony now stroke Val's hair.

Tony laughs, "Alright, Honey. If you say so."

"What!? I do!!"

Tony just stared up at Steve and he found the obstinate side of Steve to be kinda cute as his husband was only stubborn when trying to get a point across.

"Anyways, that aside, you say the social worker comes back tomorrow?" Steve asked.

Tony simply nods before he brought forth his reply, saying, "Yeah. We're supposed to finalize our decision by then." He stated.

Steve heard Tony but had scooted himself closer to Val and he lays down a bit, bringing an arm around her. He bent his long fingers slightly forward and brought the back of his hand to Val's cheek, then rubbing it ever so gingerly.                         
    He was scrutinizing every detail on Val's face. The curve of her cheekbones that protruded out some, her little pink lips all puckered like a baby, the long waves of her dirty blonde hair, and noticing how she clutched her stuffed swan and cat closer. Everything Steve saw about Val, he found absolutely perfect.

She is definitely the kid he wanted to raise with Tony, he had too.; even if he hasn't met her yet since she was sleeping.

A sudden whine erupted in the room, alarming the husbands immediately. 

"Mmmm...."

Steve snapped out of from his daydream and he found the noise coming from Val, his hand resting on her arm and he soothingly pats it.

"Hey, you waking up, sleepy head?" Steve teased and his voice jolted Val some when she knew it clearly wasn't Tony's.

"Who...who are You?" Val croaked groggily as her crusted eyes peel open to focus onto Steve.

Steve chuckled, "I'm Steve, Tony's husband. I'm sure he's told you about me." He whispers and brushed loose wisps of hair out of her face.

"Oooo!! Ya!" Val suddenly yelled out, shooting into a sitting position in the process, "You Captain 'Merica too!"