Chapter 1

My name is Crystal, princess of the Northern Dragon Kingdom. In case my name didn't give it away, I'm an ice dragon. Let me tell you a bit about this land and its people. We, the northern dragons, have only one enemy, the Southern Dragon Kingdom.

Supposedly, the reason the dragons split apart was because centuries ago, when the dragons were united, there were two prince brothers that wanted the throne after their father. The younger brother was furious when his older brother took the throne. In his anger, he left with the people that favored him over his brother, and created a kingdom of his own to rule, the Southern Dragon Kingdom.

But enough about our history, there are still five other kingdoms. The only aquatic kingdom belongs to the sea serpents, the closest kingdom to theirs is the hydras. The wyverns, griffins, and phoenixes rule the other three kingdoms. All the kingdoms live peacefully, except for us and the southern dragons.

Now, let me tell you about the people. Everyone born in this land have two forms, human and beast. We normally stay in our human forms, but we can change into a beast when we need to. But us dragons are different from the other creatures. Each dragon is born with an element, like me being an ice dragon. This is why we are a powerful kingdom, only rivaled by the southern dragons.

But anyway, let's start the story. I was in my luxurious room, peacefully sleeping, like any typical morning, when there was a knock at my door. I groaned and sat up, my icey blue hair falling over my face as I yawn and say, "Come in."

My personal, and favorite, maid came in saying, "Good morning, milady. I'm sorry to wake you, but my job requires waking you up in the morning. Here's your breakfast." I smiled at her as she placed the tray of food in front of me, "Thanks Terra." I began eating as she went to my huge wardrobe, picking out some clothes for me.

Terra is an earth dragon, and even though she's younger than me, she's good at what she does, she's also one of my only friends. Being a princess, I'm not allowed to leave the castle often, so I don't meet many people. I am glad that I'm able to look upon the entire kingdom from my balcony though.

When I finished breakfast, Terra handed me a dress from my wardrobe saying, "You'd better get changed, remember, today's the day you get to go outside the castle with the king." My eyes widen, I can't believe I forgot that today was the day father was taking me with him outside these walls. I jumped up and grabbed the dress and rushed to my bathroom to change.

I came out in the beautiful light blue gown and Terra smiled at me, "You look stunning, milady." I quickly sat down in front of my vanity mirror and Terra came over and brushed my hair. As she brushed through my hair she started talking, "So, anything new happening lately, milady?" "Not really, same old same old." "You know, I've heard about many guards and servants in the castle who talk about you often, looks like you have a lot of admirers, milady." I simply sighed, "Like it matters, my father won't allow it, I can't be with anyone who isn't royalty." She gave me a sad look, "Well that's a shame."

She then smiled at my reflection, "Well, don't you look gorgeous now that your all fixed up." "And now I have a few hours to spare, thanks Terra." "Anytime, milady. I'll get out of your way now, let me know if you need anything." I nodded and smiled as she left, shutting my door back, leaving me to myself.

A/N: The pic is Crystal in dragon form, just picture her a lighter blue color.