Chapter 7

A/N: The pic is Queen Luna in dragon form.

As I slept that night, I dreamt about my mother, about the day she was killed. It was when I was very young. I woke up that morning to my mother's smiling face. "Good morning, Crystal, did you sleep well?" "Good morning, mother, I dreamt we were playing in a meadow of flowers. We even made flower crowns." She smiled at me, "Well, that sounds like fun, why don't we do that later, there are really pretty flowers in the garden."

I cheered and hugged her saying, "Ok, but I'm hungry, can we eat first?" She chuckled, "Of course, come on Crystal." She took my hand and led me down to the dining room where we sat down as cooks brought us our breakfast. As we ate, I asked, "Mother, where's father? Is he busy again?"

She looked at me a little sadly and said, "Yes, your father's a busy man. Running a kingdom is hard work." I nodded in understanding. Suddenly, the whole castle shook. My mother held onto me so I wouldn't fall, and a guard quickly rushed in saying, "Queen Luna! We're under attack, it's the southern dragons! King Helios and our soldiers are fighting them off the best they can!"

My mother gasped and scooped me up into her arms and carried me back to my room with the guard following. She set me down on my bed and told me, "Now Crystal, you be a good girl and stay here until I come back, ok?" I nodded and she rushed out telling the guard, "Watch her while I'm gone." The guard nodded and stayed in my room with me.

There was so much going on, dragons flying around with their roars filling the sky. I looked at the guard and asked, "So what's your name?" He looked at me smiling, "Well, my name is Fin." "Are you a water dragon?" He nodded, "Yes I am, and your an ice dragon." I giggled and nodded, "Yep, watch out, I'll freeze you with my ice breath!"

He laughed with me as I changed to dragon form, which was little since I was young, and jumped around the room. He laughed saying, "Alright now calm down, I believe you." I stopped and changed back, laughing with him.

Suddenly, he stopped laughing and stared toward the door, changing to dragon form and growling. I stared in the same direction, hearing a noise on the other side. All of a sudden, a light green dragon burst through the wall, grabbing fin by the neck as he roared in pain and scratched at her to let go.

Fin's body suddenly went limp and she dropped his body to the floor. She was a poison dragon, I could see the venom dripping from her fangs and claws. Poor Fin, he was so kind. The poison dragon set her gaze on me and started walking toward me, hissing and flicking her tongue. I quickly ran up under her legs and out the door and down the hall with her chasing after me.

When I finally ran out into the garden, out of breath, she had finally cornered me and I couldn't run any more. Suddenly, the dragon form of my mother flew down, pushing the poison dragon away and roaring. "Mother!"

I saw her glance at me with a grin, then turn back to the poison dragon, growling as the glyphs on her scales began to glow, charging up her power. She flew up out of the way as the poison dragon lunged at her. She dropped down on her back, biting down on her neck as she dug her claws into her flesh.

The poison dragon roared in pain and tried to shake my mother off. When she finally managed to throw her off her back, the poison dragon lunged again, but this time, scratching my mother's chest with her poisonous claws. I gasped as my mother roared in pain at the venom seeping into her body, slowly killing her.

The poison dragon came toward me once more, but my mother used the last of her strength to shoot a beam of moonlight right through the poison dragon's wing, stunning her a bit, but not stopping her. She continued coming toward me, when a beam of sunlight shot right in front of her, blinding her with it's light.

My father swooped down, roaring, and pushed her completely away from me. In her injured state, she retreated with the rest of the southern dragons, flying away with the huge hole in her wing, which was giving her trouble while flying. My father changed back saying, "Are you alright Crystal?" I nodded and we both rushed over to my mother who was already dead, still in dragon form.

I cried hugging my father. We had a funeral for her later, that was the worst day of my life. I lost my mother and my new friend, Fin. I suddenly woke up from my dream, tears pouring out of my eyes. "Mother, I miss you so much."