Chapter 2

A/N: The pic is Sparks in dragon form, and you've probably already figured out that their hair and eye color reflect on their eye and scale color in dragon form, for example, Crystal has icey blue hair and eyes, and in dragon form, her eyes and scales are icey blue.

I stayed in my room, reading books until it was time to leave. My icey blue eyes scan the words on the pages, taking in everything that's going on in the book. Suddenly, there's a knock on my door and I hear a familiar voice on the other side say, "Princess, it's almost time to go, I'm to escort you to his majesty."

I close my book and set it down on the desk by my bed and get up and head over to the door. When I open the door, I'm greeted by Sparks' smiling face. I grin saying, "Hello Sparks." He looks at me and says, "You look beautiful, Crystal." "Thank you." I quickly kiss his cheek.

Sparks is a lightning dragon, a royal guard, and also my boyfriend. No one, not even Terra, knows about our relationship, and if my father found out, Sparks and I would both be in big trouble, especially Sparks. Therefore, we keep our relationship a secret from everyone.

He touches my cheek with his hand and before I can say anything, he pushes me into my room and shuts the door. He wraps his arms around me and gently kisses me. I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck. When we part, he presses his forehead against mine and looks into my eyes.

His gold eyes stare into my light blue ones as he says, "I love you, Crystal." "I love you too, Sparks. I just wish we could be together all the time." Tears welled up in my eyes, "I wish I wasn't a princess." He held me as I silently cried into his chest. "Crystal, don't say that, besides, if you weren't a princess, I may have never even met you." Then I looked up at him and said, "But if my father found out, you'd be punished, maybe even killed."

He wiped my tears away and said, "Maybe, but I would gladly die for you. I love you, and no one can change that. Now come on, we should go, I'll be by your side the whole time, since I'm a royal guard." He pecked my lips one more time and carefully left the room, making sure no one was around. I followed behind, wiping my eyes for any remaining tears before following him into the hallway. "Thanks, Sparks." He smiled and nodded as we walked down the hallway, "Anytime princess."