Chapter 5

A/N: The pic is Flame in dragon form.

The next few days were miserable, I avoided my father as much as possible, and Sparks was constantly on my mind. I was in the castle garden, where it's quiet and peaceful. All the beautiful plant life around me calmed my nerves, it was relaxing. For once, I wasn't crying my eyes out. I sat on a bench with my eyes closed, letting the breeze blow my hair as the scent of the flowers filled my nose.

"Crystal." Hearing my name, I jump and turn to see my boyfriend. "Sparks? What are you doing here?" "I came to see you." He gently smiled and came and sat beside me, sliding his hand over mine. "Crystal, are you ok? I know you've been upset lately."

I looked at him with teary eyes, "Sparks, I don't want to get married to some snooty prince. I love you, and no one else. I just don't know what to do." He held me as I started crying, "Shh, Crystal, we'll figure something out. I really don't want to see you with anyone else either, I love you."

I looked up at him saying, "But what can we do? My father won't allow me to be with anyone who isn't royalty." He wiped away my tears, "It's alright, I'll find a way to stop this." He slowly leaned in and kissed me and I immediately kissed back.

The kiss we shared was full of love, everything around us seemed to disappear. A familiar voice snapped us back to reality, "Well, well, well, what do we have here." We instantly pulled apart and turned to see Flame, standing there with a smirk on his face as he looked at us.

"I had the sneaking suspicion something was going on between you two. Especially when Sparks is always sneaking off." Sparks got up saying, "We can explain." I got up afterwards and said, "Please don't tell anyone Flame." "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me, since you two are my friends."

Sparks and I gave a sigh of relief until Flame said, "So, what about the princess's marriage?" I looked at him, and a great idea came to me, "I'll tell you what I'm going to do." They both looked at me with curiosity. "I'll just refuse every prince my father picks for me, and he can't say that I didn't give them a chance, since I have to spend a whole day with them."

They both thought for a minute, then Sparks asked, "Do you think it'll work." "I don't know, but it's worth a shot." Sparks hugged me mumbling, "I hope it works, I don't want to give you away." I smiled and hugged him back, "You won't have to, not if I have anything to say about it."

Flame then said, "Um, I hate to ruin the moment, but Sparks and I should really get back to our post." Sparks pulled away saying, "He's right, we need to go." He pecked my lips one more time and whispered to me, "Love you." "Love you too." And with that, they both rushed back to their posts, leaving me alone in the garden. I later went back to my room and slept peacefully knowing I had a plan and the support of Sparks and Flame.