Chapter 11

The next morning, I wake up and notice Shadow is gone. I sit up and sigh with relief. But unfortunately, it doesn't last long, soon after, Shadow comes in and looks at me saying, "About time you got up." "Well, you could've woken me up." "I couldn't, your so cute when you're  asleep."

I roll my eyes and he says, "Well, you need to get dressed." He snapped his fingers and an older woman came in holding a bunch of gowns in her arms. Shadow told me, "This is Oceana, she's a servant. I told her you needed some dresses, so she brought you some." She layed out all the dresses for us to look at.

I picked out a long, white and blue dress with short sleeves and held it up. Shadow looked at it and said, "That one works, you need to look presentable today." I gave him a questioning look and asked, "Why?" He smirked, "You'll see."

He then looked back at the dresses and picked out one that was black, short, sleeveless, and very low cut saying, "We'll keep this one for later." I blushed a bit, thinking about the horrible things he had in store for me. I went to the bathroom and came out wearing the pretty white and blue dress.

Shadow stared at me saying, "Looks good on you." Oceana left and Shadow grabbed my chain and pulled me closer and kissed me. He then said, "That's just a taste of what's to come later." I gulped and he said, "Now come on, it's time for breakfast."

He led me out of his room, and to a dining room, where we sat down and ate breakfast. I assumed the queen had already eaten before us, since she wasn't present in the dining room. After we ate, Shadow lead me to the throne room, where he sat on his throne beside his mother. I sat on the floor beside him, since he still held my chain.

I watched as people came in to talk with the queen, or ask questions, kind of like at my home kingdom. I looked around the room out of pure bordom, and that's when I realized one of the guards stationed around the room was staring at me. When I looked at him, he quickly turned his head away.

I stifled a giggle as I saw his reaction. Shadow looked at me and whispered, "What was that?" I looked at him innocently saying, "Oh, nothing." That guard reminded me a little of Sparks. We spent almost the whole day in the throne room, talking with the common people.

Finally, we were able to leave. Shadow got up and pulled me with him, and as we were leaving, I noticed that same guard watching as we left. We went to the dining room again, but this time, for dinner. After dinner, we went back to Shadow's room.

Shadow told me, "I need to run some errands for mother, stay out of trouble while I'm gone." He pecked my lips, "See you tonight." He winked and left, I shivered at the thought of being with him. I shook my head, pushing him out of my mind, I shouldn't be worrying, now's my chance to look for possible ways of escape.

I left the room and walked down a hall. I didn't really know where I was going, but I might as well explore. I walked down random halls until I had no idea where I was. As I came around a corner, I bumped into someone and fell to the floor. I looked up to see a familiar face looking down at me.